Dragon Age: Inquistion

Mass Effect 3 is actually pretty close to master piece status also IMO. Even with the ending its a great game

The ending of the game and all of that aside I would disagree, other than combat it was inferior to ME2 in just about every way. Conversations with squadmates and random NPC's were reduced from full conversation wheels at any time to being single click one-liners most of the time, 85% percent of side quests in ME3 consisted of evesdropping on random conversations like a peeping tom, flying across the galaxy to scan a planet and fetch the item, then bringing it to the person on the Citadel.

Also, the journal in ME3 was a clusterf**k because you couldn't track anything, it was all just lumped into one big list and it was up to you to figure out which quest or item goes to which person. You also got next to nothing for doing these side missions as it was either credits that you really didn't need, or war assets that you never get to see in action, all of which result in the same ending regardless.

Mass Effect 3 wasn't a bad game, it was an unfished game because EA bullied BioWare into an earlier release to make a quick buck. That's why things like conversations, the journal, etc, are so unplished. They only had about half of the development time that they did with ME2, and they also had to include a multiplayer in ME3, taking even more assets away from the singler player development.

Well I really liked it. Also you could learn different abilities from squad mated in ME3 to. The story had to end somewhere and you couldn't make a bajillion outcomes. I will always think its a great game. was it as good as 2? no but it was still head and shoulders better than a lot of other rpgs

I'm different than the norm here as I liked ME1 the best over the others. When playing 2 I had just finished playing 1 and thought they changed too much in a negative way. Haven't played either of them for a long while so couldn't tell you what my exact thought process was there. I played the 3rd and enjoyed it but then got butthurt at the ending like everybody else. Have not bothered to play the DLC as I lost my saves so don't want to restart.

I can agree to an extent about the post apocalyptic Skyrim, except the battle system is wildly different and that is what turned me off from the game personally. So I have not played Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

Edit: While waiting impatiently for my app status for IBM I think I might fire up Mass Effect 3 and borrow a save from the internet to play the DLCs.

I'm different than the norm here as I liked ME1 the best over the others. When playing 2 I had just finished playing 1 and thought they changed too much in a negative way. Haven't played either of them for a long while so couldn't tell you what my exact thought process was there. I played the 3rd and enjoyed it but then got butthurt at the ending like everybody else. Have not bothered to play the DLC as I lost my saves so don't want to restart.
I

This is exactly what happened to me. I put in ME2 about 2 weeks after I beat ME1 and played through the tutorial level and hated it. I had to put it down and pick it back up months later. The way the two games handle combat, inventory and pretty much every other major facet was different. The dialogue being the big exception. It threw me off.

Yup, same. Saying that stuff started triggering those memories. One welcome change was not needing to drive around the horribly done space vehicle trying to find things.

Yup, same. Saying that stuff started triggering those memories. One welcome change was not needing to drive around the horribly done space vehicle trying to find things.

As much as I hated that part, there was definitely a "embrace the grind" mentality while doing it for me.

Leviathan was good, but it raised more questions than answers. Omega had no place in the ME3 story and it felt like a Shepard spinoff tale, and Citadel was cheesy fan-service awesomeness, and easily the best Mass Effect DLC of any of the three games.

Back
Top Bottom