do i have some problem here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VistaGamer

Baseband Member
my monitor is an LG L192WS, max 1440 x 900 resoluion (yes i know it sucks) and my card is an hd 4850.

why then, do games like company of heroes and half life 2 ep 1 and 2 lag on my pc? it's more of a stuttering, really, but either way i dont think this should be happening.

if it helps at all, my mobo is the standard one that comes with an hp pavillion model a6000n ( Link HP Pavilion a6000n PC specifications - HP Home & Home Office Products)

but other than that, I really have no Idea. Half Life 2 itself only requires around a 7900-8800 Nvidia Card, and my resolution is fairly low ( Do note that every setting is at max, in every game I play).

Its even funnier because, While Bioshock and Unreal Tournament 3 dont lag, Mass Effect and Gears of War 1 do, even though they are all similar in graphics.

2GB's of ram with an x2 4200 You can't expect to max out the settings. You are expecting to much. Turn a few things down or upgrade.

I have 2 gbs of ram with an x2 of 6000 (3.0 GHz), I didn't mean I had the same CPU, I meant I had the Same Mobo, sorry about that.

and I guess I could get more ram, but would it change that much? it doesnt lag really bad, it just goes a little slow, you can notice that it isn't going smoothly.

and that wouldn't still explain why UT3 and Bioshock work while some other games don't.

every game isn't coded by the same people and with the same engine, thus the reason why all games have different performance. Although it does seem a little weird that you can play bioshock well, I would say its just that your standard HP mobo and x2 6000 are holding you back.

Oh and you don't have an "x2 of 6000" you have an amd x2 6000, that is the model of your cpu lol

there isnt anythign hardware wise that is holding him back. unlles wait did you upgrade your psu. hp usualy slaps in like 350 wat psu's for those towers. so that could be yoru cause not enough power.

I never meant to say that the 6000+ was a slow chip. I just mean that the standard HP mobo probably isn't giving it its full potential. Same with the 4850, maybe its holding them back. Correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems like the only thing possible to me.

Hardware wise, i dont see anything that would cause an issue in games.

could be a dirty windows install, or bad hd. But in terms of ram, cpu and video card everything looks good and should run all games on max settings (besides crysis). The psu could be an issue, but i think those towers use standard atx so it can be swapped out easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom