Data Recovery ? - Whats the dumbest computer mistake you've made - Data Recovery ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMocks said:
Installing MS Windows and DOS (oh the pain and agony! i have been suffering since i was 6 for God's sake!)
trying to overclock my CPU (the damn thing crashed)

was it windows 3.11 and dos 6?

yes!! yes!!! you get it!!
though this computer guy presented me with win95 but i chose win3.11 over it...

my brother in law had a windows me computer, that thing was the worst, id have rathed had win 95 lol! me was so slapped together lmao

TheMocks said:
yes!! yes!!! you get it!!
though this computer guy presented me with win95 but i chose win3.11 over it...

i knew it,..i'm about to install windows 3.11 and dos 6 on my old 486...i'm just waiting for my word 6 download to finish. so,..how did the install go? did you run into problems during the install?

Guy said:
I have a 3 way tie:

1) I bought a Compaq.

2) I tried to install Mandrake 7.1 on it when I first started using Linux. Didn't know how to use it.

3) When I decided that I wasn't ready for Linux.... *sigh* ... I actually BOUGHT Windows ME.

:)

Hmm...:dead: That 3rd one is pretty sad! I think Windows Me is one of the worst! It was put together in a hurry!

I know... I know...

but, to my defense, I bought it the day it came out so no one knew it was shit yet. :)

Guy said:
I know... I know...

but, to my defense, I bought it the day it came out so no one knew it was shit yet. :)
lol, you could've downloaded it or buy a bootlegged copy! (which i did, as i was in Kuwait)
devilish: it was YEARS ago! it always went well.... but on my Baby,
433 mhz Celeron
128 MB RAM
30GB + 1.4/6GB HDDs
Savage 4 16MB Video Card
OpTi ISA + Yamaha PCI ymfpci Sound cards
Ethernet
I installed Slackware 8.1! ahh, she was a beaut, till i got slackware 9, she was even better! now i moved to australia and am stuck with a laptop, with, *shivers*, WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL... on 56k!!! lol
can't wait till i get 512k dsl pretty soon though, and my computer shipped here... but then i'd have to get the hub for the network! ;)

well this one I didn't actually do:

My sister wanted to change a setting back when we had 98, and she couldn't find the 98 CD to change it so she INSTALLED WINDOWS ME

in case any of you haven't used bigpond: it is really shit and we tried to get online at a non-busy time and it took 20 FRIEKEN TRIES and it STILL could not log on

---- by the way that happened more than once, a LOT more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom