Counter Strike Source, 5 Years On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't play CSS....I simply suck at it...lol

I mean they should be pretty good....if that is basically, for the most part....the only game you play for the last 5 or 6 years...then yes....you should be pretty good.....lol

I really want to get better at CSS and TF2, but sadly my internet IS the devil and I need everyone off the network to get even 100ms lag. CSS is pretty good about it, but I still suffer from performance breaking spikes when ever some1 uses the web. CS1.6 just does not have ANY servers I can use....other wise I'd ditch CSS and play that.

Qlive is truly unplayable...and that's pretty sad.

Ahh, CSS is FPS gaming at its best.. and why? its all about the guns, the damage, recoil, accuracy, penetration, spread.. all that stuff just comes together in a sweet spot. Its the realism of having to buy your weapons and equipment at the start of the round, and its the simple but great competitive/team gameplay.. DE and CS are just genius for multiplayer.

I think what gives CSS its longevity is its difficulty and the fact that once dead you have to sit out the rest of the round... if you can get killed easily and getting killed is a pain because you have to sit out then you have a vested interest in taking the gameplay seriously. A game like UT no one will give a rats *** if they get killed and its constant action so there is no tension or interest in the other players.

The question is, how much longer will CSS last? and why hasn't it been supplanted by a better game?

not really any more relevant, i only wanted to know the division that threw you out of planes. lol. but, thats pretty cool, those fellas were pretty highly decorated during WWII. i saw a great special about them on the history channel (the 502 PIR).

Well, the team that my son is on has lost in the tournament.

The tournament started with 512 teams, and his team lost with 8 teams left. They lost to a team that had one pro gammer on it....they lost 16-14.

The pro gamer was very good, but I must say that the difference in his ability and the other players was not really noticeable....he did however win a round for his team when he was the only one left and my son's team still had 3 players alive.

Since their team {Simplicity} made such a good showing.....they got a free invite to play in next years open class, that is a $150 value and the competetion will be a step up for them. They were really bummed after losing, but the free invite got them pumped up.

I was able to watch the match on Souce TV....which was really cool....it is broadcast with like a 30 second delay....the team that beat them was really good.....it was awsome to watch both teams keep changing up the strategy and I must say that EVERY player on both teams could drop you with a headshot thru the smallest window that you would just not believe.

After watching 2 teams like this play, it is no wonder I can never kill anybody in this game....lol

The Source TV was just awsome and played great without any lag and at one time there was like 53 people watching this match....the Souce tv is a really cool idea, that I did not even know existed.

not really any more relevant, i only wanted to know the division that threw you out of planes. lol. but, thats pretty cool, those fellas were pretty highly decorated during WWII. i saw a great special about them on the history channel (the 502 PIR).

The 502 is not a PIR anymore. The regiment lost the parachutist designation during the Vietnam war as it was converted to an Airmobile force. The concept was paratroopers in helicopters, but that made for a lot of training redundancies. The Airborne designator of the 101st Airborne is only due to tradition and unit history. These days, it is the 101st is technically Air Assault infantry.

Though I have my jump wings and was parachutist qualified, I never served time in an Airborne unit. It's actually fairly common for an infantry officer to have both Airborne and Air Assault qualifications.

The reason I said regiment is more relevant is because it's easier to identify a when/where for a person. The soldier sort of belongs to the regiment and the regiment usually moves together whereas the Airborne and Air Assault regiments (501st-509th regiments + a few others) tended to be more scattered.

Well, the team that my son is on has lost in the tournament.

The tournament started with 512 teams, and his team lost with 8 teams left. They lost to a team that had one pro gammer on it....they lost 16-14.

The pro gamer was very good, but I must say that the difference in his ability and the other players was not really noticeable....he did however win a round for his team when he was the only one left and my son's team still had 3 players alive.

Since their team {Simplicity} made such a good showing.....they got a free invite to play in next years open class, that is a $150 value and the competetion will be a step up for them. They were really bummed after losing, but the free invite got them pumped up.

I was able to watch the match on Souce TV....which was really cool....it is broadcast with like a 30 second delay....the team that beat them was really good.....it was awsome to watch both teams keep changing up the strategy and I must say that EVERY player on both teams could drop you with a headshot thru the smallest window that you would just not believe.

After watching 2 teams like this play, it is no wonder I can never kill anybody in this game....lol

The Source TV was just awsome and played great without any lag and at one time there was like 53 people watching this match....the Souce tv is a really cool idea, that I did not even know existed.

Do you know if RayRay or Waddle was playing on your sons team? Waddle was a a beast, I think he made Cal i before it went.

Do you know if RayRay or Waddle was playing on your sons team? Waddle was a a beast, I think he made Cal i before it went.

Yes...they sure were......Simplify is the team......did you watch it on Source TV? Waddle was very good indeed.

Since they took that team to the 30 game max, they gave them a free invite to the OPEN Souce league.......they will probly be playing against alot of pros in this league....since there is alot of cash involved.....seems like when ther is gonna be a nice payday.....the best players show up :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom