Copmuter very slow...HELP PLEASE

damn,i dont want to do that,ok, so how would i recover all my software that i have on this computer,cause for somethings i don't have the CD(eg. adobe premere,photoshop etc.)...i guess i just have to deal with it... thx for da help guys

mm i hope i don't have a bad stick of ram...

Actually, I had that same exact problem. My brand new quad core computer was running slower than my mom's XP 2000+. However, one of my friends suggested I defrag using JK Defrag. That really fixed it. Jk Defrag is probably the best defragger I've ever used. Just leave it on tonight defragging, because odds are it will take awhile.

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/

It wouldn't hurt to try.

If you're going to spend money on things, buy a new hdd. Get a bigger one. At least 100gb. I don't know what else to tell you. If you have tried all of this stuff as much as you say you have there is nothing else you can do. It has now become a hardware problem. But I'm sure you have thought of all this stuff yourself.

My computer has gotten slower over time as well. all computers do. When you start hit ctrl +alt + delete and go to processes. While your computer is still booting check to see what is taking all the CPU. On mine i have a .exe called svchost. its a program that checks to see if windows is up to date and takes 100% of my memory for awhile. If you notice it doing the same it could be a virus (like mine was) and you should be able to fix it with an up to date virus scanner. my computer system is clean now and boots up fast again.

sometimes the virus scanner wont pick it up because it is listed as a critical windows file (thats not true) google search it and search your computer for proper locations of the file. There should only be 7 or less. When i had this problem it said i had 8...

ok thx for all of the help guys,i tried the jr defragger,
(took 2 hours to defrag) and it help by about 35 seconds on the boot up...so its still a little high,but i can deal with it,i can always go with captin pooka and go wit another drive...but im really only going to have this computer for another 6 months or soo,so i can deal wit it... (im going get myself a desktop...)THX AGAIN!!!!Great site by the way!!!=)

mhm,i was actually quite shocked that it helped so much,i guess that 2 hours payed off...thx man!!!

Back
Top Bottom