Computer Spekz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, just note that due to its passive cooling, you'll need very good fan placement in teh case to keep the air moving over the heatsinks, otherwise you get heat build-up that could ruin the card:confused:

If i were you i would spend the extra bucks and get corsairs xms series ram with the fastest pc bus your board can handle.

my suggestion, get a nice $60 case w/ 400-450w psu, and get the ati x800 pro. Believe me, you'll be glad you did. And the RAM is crap.

for cs, you could run it on a comp with an intel pentium 1 processor, so obviously you are planning on playing something else, maybe hl2?

The Merlin said:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-377&depa=1

That will do you just fine;)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-381&depa=1

Or if your not looking to save a few bucks, you could get that one, but I think the difference is minimal, depends on your decision:confused:

As for the mobo, you'll want a nForce2 chipset for sure. And a Socket A, ATX board:confused:

forget that, save the money and get a mobile amd processor with the Abit NF7-S. I am running it at 2.6Ghz AMD.

Get this: AMD 35 Watt Mobile Athlon XP 2400+, 266 MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache Processor - OEM

and this:
ABIT "NF7-S" nForce2 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL

these will be awesome if you ever plan on overclocking

i wanna get good shit, bcuz im gonna be holding this comp for a while, and when i get into highschool, im gonna begin doing web design and shit and i know it dosnt take much for a computer to design, but i like that

Merlin, Alright thanx man, What kind of fans should i get

Dont you think 6 fans is enough ? or do i need to get 6 engines :p to cool the ***** down

That sound card it great;)

As for the fans, I wouldn't get less then 4 really.....6 would be fine, try to find a nice case you like that already has them installed;)

And the RAM doesn't "suck":rolleyes: He is on a budget obviously, and buying XMS series RAM would be a waste of money, offers a relativly small performance advantage for the extra $100 or so:confused:

on the case information it says

Cooling System: 80mm Blue UV Sensitive LED fans x6

im assuming that is 6 fans, if correct me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom