Compatibility Issues?? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastrandstrongr

In Runtime
Hey i dont know what happened, but IE 7.0 freaked out. Feel free to delete the previous topic.

Anyways, here's my problem:

A few days ago I changed heatsinks in my skt 754 build because the old one died. While replacing the heatsinks I managed to damage my Athlon 64 3000+ processor. I bought a new processor, a Sempron 64 2800+ to replace it.

When I try to boot, I keep getting a "NTLDR is missing" error message. I tried a bunch of tutorials on how to fix this problem, but none of them have worked. I'm beginning to wonder if my mobo is compatible with the processor - I have a Gigabyte K8-NS Pro motherboard. What do you guys think? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

i did format, but i kept getting the same error. i actually figured it out - turns out my BIOS was bad so i had to fix that. works ok so far, and windows is installing as i type

I've seen this problem a couple of times. One time it was the hard drive cable was bad, and another time it was the actual hard drive that was defective. CHange out the cable and restore from scratch see if that helps. If not change out the hard disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom