CMD Help

EVOBear

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I have to copy 6 gb of data to flash drives, and i have 3 usb ports on my laptop at work, but i would like to create a batch file that i double click and it starts the copy automagically. this is what i have so far.
Start

cd \users\sgross\desktop\mverscomplete

xcopy *.* /e /h e:\

CMD

xcopy *.* /e /h g:\

CMD

xcopy *.* /e /h i:\

but for some reason, it start copying to the first drive, and it opens up a new command prompt, but it doesnt start copying the files, and then it doesnt open a 3rd cmd. what can you guys see that im doing wrong?

Thanks

Why not just run xcopy 3 times to the different locations in a single instance instead of opening separate command windows?

Okay when you mention Flash Drives do you mean more than 1 or just one?
Also I am no expert in Batch Files as Carnage knows but wouldn't you use the pause command to try and diagnose the issue? Could be an incorrect syntax or something along those lines? A pause may help to find the issue.

Flash drives is plural ;). Each of those commands is copying to 3 separate drive letters, so 3 separate flash drives.

Using Pause would force you to press a key, so not very automated, unless he wouldn't mind pressing a key in between each copy process; I sure wouldn't though. I'd rather be able to run the batch file, and walk away while it copies.

Back
Top Bottom