Caps on bottled drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I came to realize something the other day.

Every time I drink something, bottle of water, a soda, bottle of ice tea, etc... I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS put the cap on after I take a sip, even if I'm sitting at an empty table just eating lunch with no intention of moving anywhere else.

But, why? I mean, if you open a can of soda, it's not like you're all protective over it since it's open with no lid. You act the same way. Yet once a cap is available, I find myself needing to use it, as much of a PITA it is every time I take a sip.

I first came to this realization the other day when I was having a really bad sore throat. However, I drink hot sauce like Lance Armstrong drinks water. I put hot sauce on EVERYTHING. So naturally, since I'm relatively stupid, I loaded up what I was eating with hot sauce (despite my sore throat), took a bite, AHHHHH!!!! And I sat there fumbling with the cap on my soda bottle. Afterwards I wondered why I had to even deal with the cap on the bottle. After all, I don't worry about that with a can or a huge slushee.

Thoughts?

I do the same :p Especially on car journeys, but it's more neccessary there.

Speak for yourself. I always keep an eye on my can of soda... my grandpa always told the story about how a bee flew into his coke and his throat got stung when he took a sip.

^ Now that's just random.

But like Paton said, I guess I put it on there so I don't lose it. I don't usually put it all the way on, but I'll just set it on the top of the bottle if I'm at a table or something.

Speak for yourself. I always keep an eye on my can of soda... my grandpa always told the story about how a bee flew into his coke and his throat got stung when he took a sip.

Haaaaa. No that I understand, along with car rides. I'm talking about just in general. You're at a sandwich shop with a bottle of soda. Just at a table. Sitting there. Eating lunch.

You're not outside. You're not in a moving object, such as a vehicle. You're just at a stationary table.

Even then I'm like ZOMG PUT CAP ON yet like I said, I realized the other day I have no idea why it's even necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom