cant access win xp

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
i just installed windows vista on my computer and i want to get access to my older windows xp partition so i can play games, does anyone know how?

did you do an upgrade or format over your xp install?? or was it on a different partition. if it was on a different partition you should be able to boot to it, unless you formatted the wrong one.

xtremezx2 said:
did you do an upgrade or format over your xp install?? or was it on a different partition. if it was on a different partition you should be able to boot to it, unless you formatted the wrong one.
i originally had 2 partition, one with xp and one with vista beta, i upgrade over the vista beta so right now i still have my xp but i just dont know how to boot it

i have a screen where i choose the os i want. keep pressing the up and down key as it may be set to show for only one second. you can also try f8^^. also when in vista right click my computer. go to advanced and click startup and recovery. there should be a list of os's. if not you may need to edit the boot.ini

in the same screen dude mentioned, you can set a time for it to display the avaliable OS's before loading the default (vista) i'd say use about 10 seconds so when you don't wanna go to xp, it doesnt affect boot times that much.

Back
Top Bottom