Best way to setup an ad hoc network on windows xp machines?

swigg88

Beta member
What is the best way to approach setting up an ad hoc network using windows xp machines? also what are going to the realisic constraignts? The goal would be create a 'Mesh'of preferabley bridge to bridge relationships of no more then ten machines. ICS seems to be all windows has to offer; however, I feel like there have to be viable alternatives.

Thank you and any feedback would be strongly appricated.

What is the best way to approach setting up an ad hoc network using windows xp machines? also what are going to the realisic constraignts? The goal would be create a 'Mesh'of preferabley bridge to bridge relationships of no more then ten machines. ICS seems to be all windows has to offer; however, I feel like there have to be viable alternatives.

Thank you and any feedback would be strongly appricated.

This would be a good starter to do a adhoc network.
Set up a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network - Microsoft Windows Help
Even though it is for temporary use, I don't recommend you use it for day to day usage.
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/304040
This would be good for file sharing and printer sharing among windows xp only machines.
I recommend you have one main computer or server system control the network so people, employees, or clients can't over ride your settings.

Back
Top Bottom