Best programming language for opperation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bountonw

Beta member
I am working with a SE Asian language that is written in 4 scripts. I would like to write a program that would automatically convert text between these different scripts. Which programming language should I choose? I have learned several Asian languages, but never a computer language, although I am willing to put in the effort. I just don't want to bark up the wrong tree as it were and would like to know where I should begin.

Visual basic is one of the best starting languages there is. It is very simple but still pwerfull. C++ is another option, it is basicly the most powerful programing language but also the hardest to learn. There is no need at all to learn c++ though if you do not plan to program more in the future.

also visual c++ or visual basic version 6.0 will be the easiest to learn on, .net makes things way to complicated, especially for beginers.

If I learned visual basic, would it be a stepping stone for C++?

Next noobie question: Since I am dealing with strictly replacing text with other text, why do I need such a powerful language?

(In the future, I have an application that I would like written, and wouldn't mind learning C++ to help with that. So whatever I use for this text problem, I would like to be a stepping stone toward C++.

you don't realy but a translation program is going to take a realy long time to code unless you use VB. I right now have Visual Studio.Net Express edition and its realy hard for me to learn Visual C++, but I could Learn Visual Basic in 1' 1/2 days.

so over all I recomend learning Visual Basic to do it.

Thank you.

This isn't a translation between languages, but the same language written in different scripts. (2 Roman scripts, 1 Thai script and 1 Lao script) I would like to type in New Roman and then have a program that changes the script to Thai. I think that I can write the rules, I just need to know which programming language to use.

If I write in VB, will I be able to use on all platforms (linux, Windows?) Still new at this.

Also will VB help me in learning C++ later?

vb and c++ are two different languages. c++ is an object oriented language. i dont think that learning vb would be a stepping stone for learning c++. you might think about starting with C language( its very easy if you have the time! ). it will surely be a stepping stone for c++.you can run C and C++ in both windows and linux.
also try googling for it. you will surely get lots of help. c ya!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom