Are you prepared for a disaster?

Are you prepared, if a disaster were to happen?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Death toll up to 89 officially, this morning. My buddy says he's lost his home and only vehicle. One of the local hospitals had the roof ripped off, and almost every window blown out. Fire departments from ~100 miles away went to help. People have been finding medical records around 70 miles away from Joplin... We will be going up Wednesday to help my buddy and his family out, and see if there will be anything we can do around town.

If it is like it was here, contact the Red Cross or Salvation Army as they will probably be coordinating the efforts. here it was the SA and our local Baptist Association.

If it is like it was here, contact the Red Cross or Salvation Army as they will probably be coordinating the efforts. here it was the SA and our local Baptist Association.

We've got FEMA and Missouri National Guard, the hospitals (St. Johns got destroyed, so they are sending quite a few from other locations), multiple (20+) fire departments, and I'm sure hundreds of churches are helping with aid.

I wish I could do something to help, you know it's distressing enough to see the pictures of homes litterly torn appart and lives destoryed I can only imagen what it's like to see the affected people and know them.

I wish I could do something to help, you know it's distressing enough to see the pictures of homes litterly torn appart and lives destoryed I can only imagen what it's like to see the affected people and know them.

It truly is disheartening, knowing that you can't help the people affected by something like this. All I could do for the people that I do know down there, is offer a comfortable bed. I know I can't replace the things they lost, and the people they lost. I'm trying to get him to bring his family to my home, until we can find more suitable living arrangements for them.

My friends and I have a basic plan. This involves, at step 1 raiding the local liquor store. Once we have beer and spirits we can focus on food. I can live a good couple of weeks on beer alone.

I would see the liquor being a great thing to have in a P.A.W. situation... Great thing to barter with. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom