Anyone knows about mp3 players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangerinedreams

Beta member
I'm thinking about buying one that must be able to:

1. play music (preferable .mp3 and .wma format)
2. play videos (preferable .avi and .rmb/.rmvb format)
3. read ebooks in eng and chinese

Size doesn't have to be too big. A reasonable one will do. Accessories included is a plus. :)

Your recommendations are important to me!

This has been moved to the PDA/Handheld area. As it deals with that more than Audio and that. Probably get more response.

Depending on what type of files you use you should be able to use a Zune. It doesnt have a built in ebook reader but there is a way around that.

levon11, the player you recommended is almost exactly what I need. The size could be a little bigger though.

Makaveli213, what do you mean "a way around that"? hopefully not too inconvenient.

Thanks guys! More ideas? :)

What i mean by a way around it is you take a screenshot of the ebook page and turn it into a .jpg and put that on your Zune. Not a true workaround like installing Linux or anything. But i have done it withsome documents i wanted to read on the go.

I do not know of a way to do it with Zens. Never used them.

Look up a Samsung YP-T10, i bought one 2 days ago. The player is the most solid thing you will ever touch. I love using it.

Dell Axim X50v all the way! I have one of these things (which you can get on eBay used for $150 or so) and it does EVERYTHING! I mainly use it for MP3 and youtube videos, but you can play divx, wmv, mpeg 1, and other common video formats on its 640x480 screen in high quality. It can also read pdf and txt ebooks as well as browse the Web and access files over a wireless network. It also views pictures and does tons of other stuff. It only has 128mb internal memory, but you can get 16GB compactflash cards for $50 so no big deal. It also has a 624MHz processor, so it's plenty fast to do a lot of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom