Any Clancy fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to wait until the book comes to DVD. If it doesn't make it to DVD then I'm not watching it. :D

Then you are missing the best of Clancy's books. The Hunt for Red October was the closet they came to getting any of his books right on film. The first book of Clancy's that I read was Clear and Present Danger so I was stoked when I heard they were making a movie from it. I went on the opening night... and was furious at how they butchered it.

I liked Clancy but all his books kinda just blended together.

My current #1 author is Dale Brown. Read Flight of the Old Dog if you haven't already. Excellent novel.

Yea, the Clancy movies fail to capture the books. ****...the video games come much closer IMO. I heard ages ago they were going to make a R6 movie, but it got canceled :(

Another really good book (probably my 3rd favorite) was Cardinal of the Kremlin. Excellent story and characters. But yea, Trot, Clark is so hardcore in Without Remorse! The title couldn't be more appropriate.

I liked Clancy but all his books kinda just blended together.

My current #1 author is Dale Brown. Read Flight of the Old Dog if you haven't already. Excellent novel.

I was just about to come in here and recommend everyone should read something by Dale Brown, he's also one of my favourites. He's sort of like Clancy, but faster paced (imo) and with a lot more focus on tech aspects and the planes. I find myself enjoying reading about all of the new stuff he thinks of and how it's implemented as much as the actual story itself. All of his books are great, but READ THEM IN ORDER. I started in the middle of the Mclanahan story line and I was kind of lost. The collabs with Jim Defelice are also very good. I've enjoyed Brown's novels much more than Clancy, though mostly because they focus more on airplanes and the technology.

I was just about to come in here and recommend everyone should read something by Dale Brown, he's also one of my favourites. He's sort of like Clancy, but faster paced (imo) and with a lot more focus on tech aspects and the planes. I find myself enjoying reading about all of the new stuff he thinks of and how it's implemented as much as the actual story itself. All of his books are great, but READ THEM IN ORDER. I started in the middle of the Mclanahan story line and I was kind of lost. The collabs with Jim Defelice are also very good. I've enjoyed Brown's novels much more than Clancy, though mostly because they focus more on airplanes and the technology.

Glad to hear you enjoy them as well.

I'm also happy to see you're a Clive Cussler fan as well. Another one of my favorite authors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom