Angry @ iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that the plan is the $35 PDA/Smartphone plan. When i can get the $15 unlimited use plan for my phone and go online and everything. For cheaper!

Not to mention i only need a phone to make and receive calls and the occasional text. the rest is jsut bonus. I dont need a phone to coddle me.

It's actually 30 bucks for the iPhone plan, but the reason the PDA/iPhone data plans are so much more expensive is because you literally use more than ten times the amount of data than a normal phone, lol.

To each their own though. When I get an iPhone, I'm only going to be paying an extra 15 bucks more a month because I'm trimming some features, like insurance and the 1mb package I have already. I think it's worth it, for the way I would use it. :p

^ right. I use like 100 MB+ each month. I never came even close to a 10th of that with any other phone. I've also heard that the visual voice mail is a data feature and hence inflates the iPhone data plan rate. Is that true?

I hate Apple, but I have to say the iPhone is hands down the best tech device I've ever used.

It may be $30 where you are. But here it is $35 for the plan. I know, we just upgraded our a couple of months ago and they tried to slap that price on the Samsung Eternity that we got.

Plus it isnt cause you use 10x more. Cause i know for a fact my wife is on her phone online all the time. For at least 3-4 hours a day. Looking for songs and other such junk. So it isnt the plan it is the person. My brother in law has a Blackberry and he doesnt use the features nearly 1/2 as much as my wife uses hers.

So to say that just because a person pays more that they use it more is silly. ;)

Yeah everyone can rationalize how the phone would be worth it. I can sit here and continue to debate why it isnt. But the truth is each person will use what they want. Just like the OS and browser and everything else. It is the cool fad for this year and everyone must have one. Then when Android gets on more phones everyone will want that, when Microsoft finally releases their phone and the new mobile OS people will be talking about that. So whatever. I was never known to follow fads...

So to say that just because a person pays more that they use it more is silly. ;)

I didn't mean it like that. What I mean is the iPhone (since it supports full web pages as opposed to mobile sites only like regular phones) uses a lot more bandwidth to load pages. For example, if I was to keep my 1mb option when I upgraded to an iPhone (or any other PDA for that matter), loading one webpage could pretty much use that up. Hence, why I said you would use more on a PDA: because you'd have to.

Considering the iphone doesn't support flash I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it supports full web pages.

Because flash is the only format full web pages exist in...

When PDAs are said to support full web pages, they generally mean HTML/CSS type web pages for the most part.

It's much less common now than a few years ago. AJAX and CSS are preferred now because they're not as proprietary as Flash. Game, movie, and photography sites are common examples of Flash based sites. Other than that Flash is losing ground.

I didn't mean it like that. What I mean is the iPhone (since it supports full web pages as opposed to mobile sites only like regular phones) uses a lot more bandwidth to load pages. For example, if I was to keep my 1mb option when I upgraded to an iPhone (or any other PDA for that matter), loading one webpage could pretty much use that up. Hence, why I said you would use more on a PDA: because you'd have to.

I load this site, which doesnt have a mobile version, on the wife's phone.

Your arguement is only that because they load more pages that they use more. Which can be said of anyone using a phone that loads normal pages.

Not every site has a mobile version and as such loading sites, like TF, still takes up the full bandwidth no matter if you are using a iPhone or a LG.

I get to IMDB's full page on the Eternity along with every other site i visited. In fact only 2 sites ever gave me the mobile page. Google and Live. Other than that the browser supported full pages.

So yes keeping a 1mb option wouldnt work, even if you tried to visit this site. You dont have to use more. Who says you will use the internet at all? My bro in law is just a putz and got a Blackberry and has only loaded his email sites. Nothing more. Something he could do with a unlimited plan like we have. But since he has a Blackberry he has to have the more expensive plan.

Again the plan has nothing to do with it. It is the person. Just because someone has web access doesnt mean they are going to use it and need the unlimited plan. They may never load a page on the phone at all. It is all a personal choice.

Yeah it would be foolish to pay for the plan and not use it. But really with some of the stuff we see asked around here, would you really be shocked to see someone do that just to have a iPhone just so they can say they have it and nothing more.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom