AD remote administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
What i am tryingto do is administer active directory from a remote computer on the work rather than having to go to the server everytime. I know this can be done through the mmc and you need adminpak.msi to install these. Well i got the adminpak.msi from the servers wintn/system32 folder. i installed it and none of the snapins work. I am running windows xp pro and have administrative rights. Do i need to install the adminpak from windows 2003 server?

yes. when i run it through programs, accessories, communication. i can connect to the server just fine.

well i can do that through tight vnc also but you can just install the snapin for remote administration. that way if you have a shortcut to the snapin on your desktop you just click it and your in

after installing the adminpak.msi it put shortcuts to different mmc snapins. when i click on the active directory users and computers i get the following error message.

See if the IID name ClLSID is in the registry. Do a search for it. The IID related to this has to do with the global unique identifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom