ad.firstadsoultion.com/hijack log

Status
Not open for further replies.
now when in killbox do i press the red x to delete them and reboot or just click exit and reboot? i did both and when i hit the red x it waits 9 seconds then says PENDINGFILERENAME HAS BEEN REMOVED BY AN EXTERNAL PROCESS!

I rescanned it with s&d and ewido and they are still there killbox won't do anything to them.

Did you do his yet?

Follow these removal steps to remove this adware from your computer:

Close all open Internet Explorer windows.

Click Start > Run, type 'regedit', and click Ok to open the Registry eidtor.

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In the right pane find and delete the entry named "SurfSideKick", "SurfSideKick 2 " or "SurfSideKick 3 " that points to the file "ssk.exe".

Find and delete the entry named "CU1" that points to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCClient.exe".

Find and delete the entry named "CU2" that points to " C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCMain.exe"

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In the right pane find and delete the entry named "SurfSideKick", "SurfSideKick 2 " or "SurfSideKick 3 " that points to the file "ssk.exe".

Find and delete the entry named "CU1" that points to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCClient.exe".

Find and delete the entry named "CU2" that points to " C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCMain.exe".

Find and delete the following keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SurfSideKick
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ {000AB005-FF12-42C2-8DF5-39E12E5F9C91}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Surf Sidekick_is1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SurfSideKick
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\ {000AB005-FF12-42C2-8DF5-39E12E5F9C91}
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SurfSideKick
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\ {000AB005-FF12-42C2-8DF5-39E12E5F9C91}

Exit Registry Editor.

Delete the following directories if they exist:

C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick
C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 2\
C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\

Search for and delete the following files ( if exist ):

Sskknwrd.dll
Ssk.log
SskUpdater.exe
SskCore.dll

well i went through it all and deleted them but everytime i deleted it it would come right back and still will not let me delete C:\programfiles\sidekick3

went thorugh the registry like 40 times kept deleting that crap and it just kept coming back. im done for tonight ill continue the work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom