ActiveX Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainydays38

Beta member
I am trying to get my windows updates.. and it says I need ActiveX control.. Normally the information bar will come down asking if I want to download it.. I have the settings right on my browser, and the information bar comes down on every other site but not windows update.. How do I get updates if I can't get this activeX Control? I have searched for it, but don't seem to find one that isn't a trial or doesn't have Control on the end of it. I'm sure I need exactly what is specified. I would appreciate some help.. My operating system is Windows XP I have SP3.. Thanks Rainy

Did you click on the bar that drops down and clicked on it and then clicked the install button that shows up?

:big_grin:I said in my original post that the information bar did not come down so there is nothing to click on.. Nothing shows up since the information bar does not come down..

Hi thanks for your response.. could you possibly be more specific? I have been to internet options and made sure to enable all active x.. but not sure what you are talking about.. help is very much appreciated.. thanks, Rainy:big_grin:

The problem is resolved, while I was waiting for you to explain exactly what I should do.. I search more for the answer on the net.. I went to this one site.. I'm sorry I had to restart, so I lost the site, but what he told me to do was Tools Internet Options, Advanced tag, click on reset. Then after restarting my brownser, I went to windows update and when the prompt came about needing the activeX control the information far was there ready for me to click yes install the active x.. so everything is fine now. Thanks so much for the responses.. this has been a problem for weeks.. I am now more current with my updates.. thanks again.. Rainy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom