Able to receive IP add from Server but cant Ping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukuhead

Baseband Member
HI there,

My DHCP Server (win2k server) is able to distribute IP add to a XP home client. The XP client is also able to rec the IP Add. But why is it that they are not able to ping each other??

I had tried configured both Server n client firewall to "allow all" or disable both. But still cant ping. Why is it so??

Thanks

Hmmmm... You firewalls may be set up to not answer pinds requests? Just a thought... Have you tried the Pathping command?

silence782 said:
Hmmmm... You firewalls may be set up to not answer pinds requests? Just a thought... Have you tried the Pathping command?

I had already tried disable firewall, wats pathping command?

After some help, I changed the NIC connecting to the XP box to 192.168.X.X n the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and Voila!!! It works! Now my my xp can ping the server n also access the internet using the proxy i setup on the server. So in this case, the subnet cannot be the same as the NIC connecting to the adsl modem on the server. Thanks I learn smthg again!! :)

Now .. to another experiment.. using RRAS instead of proxy server. Heheh wish me luck!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom