A Mustang wagon?!? Say it ain't so

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in Carlisle this year I saw a 60's Mustang that a guy converted to a station wagon, it was some weird stuff.

I like the four door sedans... I just don't like them when they get really big... I really love my intrepid, but id rather have a mustang similar to it... more power... rear wheel drive.... that would be nice... rofl

Ha, what i found funny the most about the "hemi", is how the new hemi in all chryslers cars, is NOTHING like the old one.

Know why the old hemi was so popular? Because it was a 426ci big block beast.

All hemi is, is a hemisphiracal(sp) head. As opposed to most flat heads. So the combustion chamber is hemisphiracal, allowing fuel to be burned more efficiantly. That's all a "hemi" is.

Imports have been useing hemi heads for years, why do you think their 4cyls get such good gas mileage?ha

The mustang idea isn't a horrible idea. It's very small market segment, and it would only have a few competitors, like the charger or the dodge magnum.

Aslong as ford dosen't go back to its mustang dark ages (1970- the fox bodys), i'll be happy.

EDIT: I don't see GM tapping into that part of the market. They're hurting enough as it is haha.

The Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car," the statement says.

The term "2+2" refers to a car, like the Mustang, with small back seats.

The current issue of the auto enthusiast magazine AutoWeek includes a report that Ford was considering making four-door variants of the next-generation Mustang, possibly including a wagon.

"We are standing by our sources for that story," said Bob Gritzinger of Autoweek, acknowledging that the company might have changed its mind.

Ford's statement does not mean that the company would never manufacture a vehicle using the fundamental engineering or even some design cues from a future Mustang, Ford spokesman Alan Hall said.

But the Mustang name will only be attached to the classic Mustang-style car, Hall said.

Ford will unveil a concept car called "The Interceptor" at the Detroit Auto Show in January. That car will be based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture but it will not be a Mustang, the company emphasized in its announcement.

There are currently no production plans for that vehicle, the company said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/12/15/ford_no_mustang_sedan/index.html

Mmmm just imagine the fun if SVT gets in on the sedan/wagon craze....

Get from your driveway to the grocery store in under 5 seconds :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom