Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am bulding my own rocket ship to get me off this dirt ball

• What is this 2012 you speak of

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I find funny about all this 2012 stuff? The Mayan calendar dose not say end of the world it just stops, 2010, 2011, 2012 then nothing I think the guy who was predicting the dates got to the end of his working day and said "bloody **** it's time I knock off I have to go pick the kids up from playgroup in 5 min" and left it at that just like we do. Can any one recall the unix date fiasco rember that? 2036 it was not programmed to handle any dated beyond that, the Roman calender finished some ware round the 9th century if i recall right and many more classical date standards ended just like this one.

Not to mention end of the world can be taken as the end of your world, I am sure that in 2000BC a little village some ware was plagued with drought and they said it was the end of the world when the crops failed, animals died where the stood because of malnutrition and the world back then was a very big place your world was the horizon and big plagues and famine could be called the end of your world as that is all you knew, little towns of little people miles apart from one another with a slightly different idea of who god was and who had the right ideas of who was boss. So that really was for them the end of the world because all they knew turned into dust and the survivors tried to rebuild or moved to the next village and listened to there men with long beards who knew the secrets of the ages.

In 2012 life will go on I will wake up January the 1st with a massive hang over and that will be the end of my world till I get some bacon inside me.

I agree with Sax..it could be taken so many different ways by so many different people at that time, who are we now to claim that it pertains to the end of EARTH AS WE KNOW IT.

In 2012 life will go on I will wake up January the 1st with a massive hang over and that will be the end of my world till I get some bacon inside me.

I also will be experiencing the same thing, throw some links and waffles in there and mmm..

About the movie. World wide catastrophe and destruction on a big screen = me definitely seeing it in theaters. A note to John Cusack- please do as less acting as possible.

After last night's Tsunami Warning in Sydney and me heading out to the nearist beach, I think I just manage to prove to myself that if the world is going to come to then, the only thing I am going to be panicing about is "I WANT FRONT ROW SEATS TO SEE IT!!!!"

^I know what you mean. As terrible as it may sound, the end of the world poses a myriad thoughts to ponder. Who will survive? What will happen of our planet?

These were the most advanced people of their time. They built some technically complicated structures, mastered agriculture, and ritually sacrificed humans.
I don't think they just suddenly thought 'what they hey, this calendar is long enough now, let's stop'.

A more plausible situation is they were all fat, had asthma and diabetes, and then the swine flu came and wiped them all out.
(and for those of you that missed the point, the calendar also stopped at that point.)

2012 doomsday prediction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL! I am looking at the result of the is poll, and it looks like we have most of the Australians here on the TF voting "Good. it will do the rest of the universe a world of good"

^I know what you mean. As terrible as it may sound, the end of the world poses a myriad thoughts to ponder. Who will survive? What will happen of our planet?

As I was explaining to one of my clients today
"Seriously, if Sydney was going to get wiped out with a killer tsunami tonight.... then nothing is going to matter tomorrow."

They built some technically complicated structures,
And yet they did not invent the wheel.

And yet they did not invent the wheel.
Maybe because they lived in very hilly, uneven areas. Wheels wouldn't be so crash hot there...iuno.

I just read up on the Mesoamerican dudes some more, and I gotta say it seems they were pretty dang smart in terms of astronomy, calculating eclipses and planet cycles etc.
As to whether the fact that the calendar stops on that date means the end of the world is nigh, I lol. I think they stopped because that date was the 'end' of their calendar, the 'reset' date as it were.

That being said, apparently there's some pretty freaky solar stuff happening around 2012, such as the sun being in the exact centre of something or other, causing some sort of flare which could possibly kill everyone... or something like that.

LOL! I am looking at the result of the is poll, and it looks like we have most of the Australians here on the tech forums voting "Good. it will do the rest of the universe a world of good"

The world is running slow, has lots of faults, is infected by viruses, and is just 99.99% pr0n anyway. It's time it got restarted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom