Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am bulding my own rocket ship to get me off this dirt ball

• What is this 2012 you speak of

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else thinking it would be a great time to be in the survival equipment industry?

construction company that specializes in concrete structures :p

but anyway:

the preview makes it look like just any other disaster movie.

something bad coming

government knows of what is going to happens and somehow secretly constructs a way to protect people

people can't get in

bad thing happens

people survive anyway

blah blah blah....not saying it's going to be bad really, just stating it's the same movie with a different skin

Is anyone else thinking it would be a great time to be in the survival equipment industry?
Remember the SARS out break in china. My previous boss wasted no time in buy all the avalable stock of 3M Disposible Sergical Masks from Australia and sold them off to China. Made good money on that too.

construction company that specializes in concrete structures :p

but anyway:

the preview makes it look like just any other disaster movie.

something bad coming

government knows of what is going to happens and somehow secretly constructs a way to protect people

people can't get in

bad thing happens

people survive anyway

blah blah blah....not saying it's going to be bad really, just stating it's the same movie with a different skin

You forgot to include the husband and wife that are filing for divorce, but in the end they realise that theyy still love each other .

Sci Fi channel has been rollign through the distaster films lately. I saw Dantes Peak on the week end. What a load of **** that was.

* Oh dear, Grandma is still stuck at home on the side of the volcano while it erupting. Lets go rescue her.
* Tremors strong enough to reduce buildings to rubble hit the town, but the trees lining the sidewalk remain motionless.
* Grandma feeling that she perfectly safe. Right up until the point that lave is coming though her house.
* Lava is going pass the log cabin, however it's not until the lava start coming into the cabin is when the people feel the heat.
* Driving over 2,000 degrees lava with a 4x4.......
* School hall is falling part because of the tremors.Everything is shaking and falling except the trophies which stay perfectly still in the cabinet.
* Grandma get badly burnt by the acid lake, but Pierce Brosnan seems by using his coat-covered hand for about 5 minutes in the same lake.
* And the one which has be screeming at the tube..... Scruffy the dog. Oh no, he run off. Rescuing the dog seem to be taking a higher priority than getting the out of there. More stupid than rescuing grandma.

And the list goes on.....

^^^ i actually kinda sorta like that movie lol. i mean i wouldn't make plans to watch it but if i was flipping through the channels and it was on i'd watch it lol

^^^ i actually kinda sorta like that movie lol. i mean i wouldn't make plans to watch it but if i was flipping through the channels and it was on i'd watch it lol

Try watching Volcano

* Lava is much hotter than indicated, and approaching it as close as shown in the movie would cause certain death.
* Live tree roots are shown in the sewer even though super-heated fire had twice blasted through it.
* Helicopters are shown flying around in the film constantly, but the ash would have clogged the engines, making the engines stop working. Consequently, there would have been no helicopters in the air at all.

and there is Armageddon
* Nasa has space shuttles that fly just like wing commander.

* When the space station has a fire and then explodes the fire would not keep burning in the vacuum of space. Once the oxygen is either burned up or dissipated the fire would die, this would only take a few seconds.

* And even though the a Space Shuttle and a good part of NYC gets hit my meotors, ""Nobody knows and that's the way it stays." about the bigger threat. However it not until Shanghai is destroyed where "now everyone knows"

Oh and don't forget the volcano in Dante's peak exhibits the characteristics of two totally different volcano types.

And seriously, who would live by a mountain called "Dante's Peak" and not know it was a volcano.

Oh and don't forget the volcano in Dante's peak exhibits the characteristics of two totally different volcano types.

But it was missing evil alien overlords throwing humans into the volcano..... oh wait.... hang on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom