16x DVD burns at 4x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
I bought some Memorex DVD-R's rated at 16x write speed, but in Nero 6.3.1.20 the fastest burn speed shown is 4x. What's the deal? My burner is a Pioneer DVR-108, which I'm pretty sure burns at 16x, since I've done it before, just cannot remember what DVD's or software was used.

Update firmware. Re-install drivers. Roll Back drivers.

My burner shows at 16X now because I updated the firmware, it's really easy to do because it's LG.

Ok, I need some help here. From my device manager it tells me that my DVD drive is a "DVR-108".

DVDPioneer.jpg

I went to: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firmware/SingleModel.aspx?DriveId=963

Downloaded the newest firmware, and when I ran it, it told me that the target was not found. What's the problem?

Target.jpg

I've tried all of the firmware updates and all of them seem to tell me that the target is not found. I did confirm that my drive is a DVR-108. Is there any way to update my drive?

try a different brand of disc as well, when you put a disc in a drive it runs a quick ultility check with its laser to try to determine what type it is and matches that against the disc tables in its firmware, most will default to 2x or 6x if it cant find a match---firmware changes wont always fix this, depends on the manufacturer

16x is also like 16-18mb per second which even these days most PC's have a hard time feeding anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom