PC for the Valve Index

There are plenty of reviewers who have gone to great lengths to look at both AMD and INTEL cpus. Go on YouTube and look at some of the following people:

Gamersnexus
Hardware Unboxed
JayzTwoCents
BPScustoms
Bitwit
Paul's Hardware
Level1techs (Linux, Server, Enterprise, etc...)
Optimum Tech
Linus Tech Tips
KitGuruTech
Hardware Canucks
Just to name a few...

INTEL is not the "goto" CPU anymore, depending on what you plan on doing with the computer and gaming is not just about MAXED OUT everything. There are a lot of things to consider when thinking about a build, especially when it's for someone else. Price, performance, form factor, tech support (if needed), etc... Not everyone needs to have a top tier computer to do what they wish it to do.

... and to be honest if your going to offer advice about computer components, wouldn't it be prudent on your part, to GET TO UNDERSTAND AND GAIN KNOWLEDGE about all the pieces and parts that are out there? Just because you like Intel, doesn't make it all inclusive anymore, nor does nvidia with GPU's

Most of us on here from way back when will tell you that AMD was king back in the 939 days... Of course we all moved on with the times... But what gives the best bang for your buck and price to performance is what counts for most people, depending on the need.

You can't have a decent discussion or compelling argument if you only know half the story.

Article:
https://www.techspot.com/article/2043-amd-rise-fall-revival-history/

Here's one for ya...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skry6cKyz50

Last edited:
Yea already been over that BS in another thread. None of it matters, an Intel CPU isn't needed for even the most demanding VR, or really anything now. It becomes the point of there's no reason to waste the money. I stand the same on the 2080ti really. They want that level of performance might as well wait another month or two for 3080s.

I have had both but for whatever reason AMD is really up and coming with the newest things coming out. From what i have read, AMD is blowing away INTEL. INTEL is loosing with current offerings, Nothing new for the last two years. Ryzen just showing its good side. Now with the new Gpu's that AMD is making they are taking over the market. Check out INTEL and AND on the stock market. That alone speaks miles!! The last four Systems i have built have been AMD's Not as much to say they are the best, just cheaper and easier to find. Myself i guess i am a Ryzen lover. Till INTEL gets 7nm in there pocket, I don't see them getting out of there slump. As i see it now, INTEL could go out of business. Don't really know for sure what INTEL has done to themselves, but they need to step up to the plate with something really new that can kick ass.

Back
Top Bottom