Free Windows 10 upgrade

Interesting. Definitely a smart move if they want their user base to not be so fragmented like it was, and run into another XPocalypse (but with Win7 this time around).

There are conflicting reports online about whether the free upgrade will be limited to China or not
hah

There are conflicting reports online about whether the free upgrade will be limited to China or not
hah

Saw that, from a few other articles as well.

Doesn't really surprise me - pretty much all of China uses counterfeit copies of Windows.

The Gizmodo story is stating this going to be including all pirated windows copies
http://gizmodo.com/all-windows-10-u...source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
ln6dsxsbp5vhs2gqiavo.gif

Last edited:
The Gizmodo story is stating this going to be including all pirated windows copies
Windows 10 Upgrades Will Be Free—Even For Pirated Copies
ln6dsxsbp5vhs2gqiavo.gif

I remember back in the late 90's Autocad put on a contest with some pretty good prizes for coming up with some good blueprint ing skills, So thousands of entries later they looked at all the digital signatures on all the entries then when the entry had no lisence for the at the time $3000 software fines were getting issued, That contest was basically a nation wide sting operation and thousands of people got fined heavily for using pirated software. My copies of windows are all legit but if there were not, I wouldn't be giving my name for no free upgrade.

Dauntae

I figure Win10 will be cracked fairly quickly so it wouldn't really matter in the end.

I figure Win10 will be cracked fairly quickly so it wouldn't really matter in the end.

Won't really be a reason to crack it though if you can upgrade for free within the first year from Vista or Win7, even if you have a pirated version.

Back
Top Bottom