Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Win8 will be the death of microsoft, they can't keep changing the layout every few years. There is a REASON companies are STILL on XP, and just barely starting the move to Win7. Imagine having huge ass icons filling your entire screen, like a freaking childrens "play tablet", you guys know them little things im talking of, with the mono screens with 20x20 resolution and letters and the such. That is how I essentially see Win8 if they keep that "metro" b/s and try to force it.

Win 8 is shaping up into a nice dog's dinner, it will probably take the crown from ME as the quintessential MS brain fart.

I think if you lot ruled the world we'd still be on DOS.

Win8 desktop outside metro looks real good. And you will all still buy it. Sheep.

You guys are moaning because they made a UI for Tablets, You only have to look at iPad sales to know Microsoft wanted some of that. And good, i'd LOVE Win8 on Tablets but sod off do I want the normal desktop, can you imagine using a tablet with that, no thanks!

The developer preview is just that, it is not a final version. It is already known Metro UI implementation on the RTM version is going to be very different for PC users.

I want to know how it's going to work though. If Win8 works on ARM/x32, then surely software is going to have to work on both ? But I can't see that happening.. asif developers are going to write software for two different type of architectures.
I knew Vista was crap from an Alpha leak and when the Beta came out I still knew it was crap. I have been on 7 since early beta and have loved every bit of it. Here is the deal though we are on PC's I don't want this tab BS. Like I said, the fact that it isn't disabled from the start just means it will be there when it is installed. I bet you they wont even give you an option upon install whether you want Metro or not. They will just force it on you like they tried with Vista and Halo 2 and will ultimately fail.

In other words no you can't say for certain, and as kman said you don't even know what the final implementation is going to be like. So with that said, I'll reserve judgement until I know for sure what I'm talking about instead of trashing it all based off an tablet-oriented Alpha release.
Usually with Microsoft what you see is what you get. You really think they are going to completely change everything AGAIN to suite the needs for people who DON'T want an iOS looking PC? Yea, didn't think so. Besides, the end of your sentence fully proves my point. Tablet-oriented, meaning us PC users are getting shammed again. If it was made strictly for tabs then it wouldn't have been a preview for PCs.

There are kids on this forum :sad:
She is older than you, and so am I.

Win8 will be the death of microsoft, they can't keep changing the layout every few years. There is a REASON companies are STILL on XP, and just barely starting the move to Win7. Imagine having huge ass icons filling your entire screen, like a freaking childrens "play tablet", you guys know them little things im talking of, with the mono screens with 20x20 resolution and letters and the such. That is how I essentially see Win8 if they keep that "metro" b/s and try to force it.
Exactly.

Win 8 is shaping up into a nice dog's dinner, it will probably take the crown from ME as the quintessential MS brain fart.
ME was a joke, like Vista was and 8 is going to be.

I think if you lot ruled the world we'd still be on DOS.

Win8 desktop outside metro looks real good. And you will all still buy it. Sheep.
I have never paid for a version of Windows because Microsoft gets enough money from sheep like you. I also skipped Vista and stuck with XP until 7 came out. I will be doing the same now. For any mods raising an eyebrow at this post, this copy of Windows IS legit.

Here is the funny part of it all, Microsoft claimed this was going to be a gamer oriented OS. That is of course, if all gamers play Skyrim on their phone lol.

I'm on server OSes and always have been. instead of xp I used 2003.... instead of vista... I used 2008. I am still on it and I like it.

Today I spent ages writing out different responses to a few posts here, decided to can them because they didn't beat about the bush at all. Now, I just feel...depressed I guess. I really don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Back
Top Bottom