why get a soundcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, you think that the logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers are crap lol. have u ever acctually listened to them. There the best speakers you can buy for under $1500.

you want high end sound for the computer. get studio monitors. you will never get accurate sound with something that is made in a plastic enclosure. for one it have all kind of resonating problems. like the one note boom that americans love. that's not accurate sound. you need something that's dead to sound like mdf and birchwood.

you also will never get accurate sounds from a speaker that place in a square box with the speaker in the middle of it. you will get standing waves like a MF (super boom). the box needs to be rectangular with different lengths for the height, width and depth and the speaker not placed in the middle.

one reason the audio world has went to hello, is because we had a recession that started in 2001. so everybody had to cut corners to survive, even the high end guys. I won't say *cough* alpine *cough* by name. they completely sold out to the low end. they replace high end with super aggressive marketing. these days they are feeding you guys more BS than anything because it's all about the profit margin.

it wasn't like this in the 90's when everybody had a pocket full of money

lol, you think that the logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers are crap lol. have u ever acctually listened to them. There the best speakers you can buy for under $1500.

Lol, wow that made me laugh. I can link you at least 10 pairs of speakers that blow those logitechs away. ill just put 5 right now.

Buy JBL LSR 4326P Powered Studio Monitor Pair online at Musician's Friend
Buy Mackie HR824 Studio Monitor online at Musician's Friend
Buy Event TR6 Tuned Reference 6 Active Monitors online at Musician's Friend
Buy Event Studio Precision 8 Powered Monitors online at Musician's Friend
Buy Yamaha HS-80M/HS-10W 2.1 Powered Monitor Package online at Musician's Friend

Enough said. By the way, i own the ones in the 3rd link, beautiful sound.

you want high end sound for the computer. get studio monitors. you will never get accurate sound with something that is made in a plastic enclosure. for one it have all kind of resonating problems. like the one note boom that americans love. that's not accurate sound. you need something that's dead to sound like mdf and birchwood.

you also will never get accurate sounds from a speaker that place in a square box with the speaker in the middle of it. you will get standing waves like a MF (super boom). the box needs to be rectangular with different lengths for the height, width and depth and the speaker not placed in the middle.

one reason the audio world has went to hello, is because we had a recession that started in 2001. so everybody had to cut corners to survive, even the high end guys. I won't say *cough* alpine *cough* by name. they completely sold out to the low end. they replace high end with super aggressive marketing. these days they are feeding you guys more BS than anything because it's all about the profit margin.

it wasn't like this in the 90's when everybody had a pocket full of money

He's a gamer, audio isnt his thing so excuse him.

my setup

Buy M-Audio BX5a 70-Watt Active Studio Monitors online at Musician's Friend

232234.jpg

product_124348.jpg

Acoustic Research S108PS Reviews

Heh, you guys are nuts. I still say my onboard sound and 100 dollar logitech 5.1 system is enough for a gaming system. If i'm listening to music its on my home theatre, i just need to be able to hear if i step on a stealther and hear stuff on ventrilo. :)

yeah they're nuts :D and I still say almost everyone if not everyone, me included will fail an audio/aural perception test with what I proposed ;)

Well yes I would hope that paying a grand for two speakers would result in better sound than the Z-5500. But alot of the Z-5500 owners here don't have their systems just for music. The 5.1 is really nice for any game out there and that's what alot of us are looking for. Plus, we can shake our house for $300 cables included. But don't act like we're oblivious to the audio world. You never know what else some of us have :p Would these meet your audiophile requirements?

system.jpg

The *real* Klipsch reference series, before they sold out to Best Buy and became junk. They're upstairs :) Pop in a DVD audio and that's the end of that.

we know. you think that you are right.

well, we know that we are

lol, you keep saying that about everyone, but you are the one that thinks he is king of everything. Seriously...loosen up. Go reread all you posts.

I never claim to be a genius or know it all in anything, but you do. However, it is likely my assumption would be true. One persons "perfect setting" is not anothers. But you seem to think you know everything for everyone. But I won't bother even trying to...god complexes indeed. :D

Just like you gamers are nuts about video cards, thats how we are with speakers/music. I just now really started getting into pc gaming, i did play cod2 before but cod4 is what got me hooked enough to buy an 8800gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom