pvr-150 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Well I kinda knew I would not get this thing working once it came and I guess I was right. I just got a pvr 150 tv tuner and am using a dish network sattelite system with it. I plug it into the coax on the tuner and the output on the sattelite box and it does nothing. Shows no video whatsoever.

Can someone help me out.

do you have media center? if not you have to use beyond tv.

you will only be able to tune in to channel 3

Well in beyond tv I am getting only sound now. When I first got it set up there was video for just a second then it dissapeared and I haven't gotten it back yet.

Sage tv works, but I don't really like it personally. I am using xp pro.

I dunno, I just installed everything on the cd. When video is recorded it is in mpeg format.

I installed the latest drivers from their website like you suggested. I still am not getting any video signal, now it is just really poor and nasty scratchy sound.

When I try to record tv just using movie maker it worked the first time (with no sound :() Now when I record I see the video just fine in the "preview screen", but get nothing at the end of the capture.

hmm, because in sage tv it worked yesterday. I got video and audio. The quality and how the program worked I did not like much.

UPDATE: yes I can get it to work just fine in Sage Tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom