80 Core Processors - 5 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I read about this a while ago. I think they're also planning 100 and 120 core versions later on. But I was under the impression that these cores are not like today's cpu multi purpose cores, but much smaller, simpler cores designed for specific duties (floating point calculations?).

Personally, I believe, that my next cpu will be 4 core. At the moment I have a single core cpu. I think I'll upgrade it in a year or two.

I somehow don't see that happening because they are only on dual cores and just comming out with quad cores so I think they will only be at about 16 cores in 5 years.

I somehow don't see that happening because they are only on dual cores and just comming out with quad cores so I think they will only be at about 16 cores in 5 years.

Processor speeds Double every 18 months on average. Therefor in 18 Months we will have 8 core, There are 3.33 lots of 18 months in 5 years... therefor... we should have about 42 Core processors ??.

I probably have bad maths, or the 18 months 'fact' isnt right.

Infact if the 18Month law is true, we should have 85 core processors theorectically in 6 years i think.Thats only if the 18 month law is correct though.

Sorry if i am wrong and my maths sucks, im only 14 :p.

Off Topic: KMAN do you play on a TRP 24/7 Dust 2 No AWP's Server?

Im not sure... I dont think so, im usually on any servers that are Dust 2 24/7, DEATHMATCH servers, AWP enabled or Disabled.

Why, and if you thought you saw me, my name in game is {Cro Bar}

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom