Display Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
I'm having trouble with my Display drivers. Its on an HP dv2855ee laptop and its a GeForce 8400M GS. I'm getting frequent display driver crashes and even causing BSOD. This started happening about after I updated the driver for the graphics card. It got really really bad 2 days ago when the display just stopped working. I could hear the vista startup sound effect and when I use the fingerprint reader I could hear the user account login sound effect, but the display just doesnt work. Its just black with the backlights working. I got like a window of 3 hours a while ago when it started working normally. I ran malwarebytes, windows defender and bitdefender scans to see if it was a virus or malware but they came out clean before suddenly the display driver acted up again and gave me a BSOD. The display has not yet been working again since. I was wondering how could I downgrade the driver, or at least if I should as a technician to do so.

Oh yeah, could like dust particles caused this? I haven blown the insides of my laptop for a year since I cant find any cans of air anywhere here near my vicinity (checked all pc shops and hardware stores), so I'm having it brought to HP tomorrow, but of course I need to know what exactly should I tell him.

Yeah try that out first, any monitor should be able to display something from your VGA port.
Have you also considered your display adapter graphics are starting to become faulty ?
If you can't view anything on a external monitor try taking this a authorized HP computer repair shop and have them look at it.

try to boot into safe mode.. that will run basic drivers for your GPU and auto disable your messed up drivers.. and while you can see, uninstall the new drivers.. then reboot into noremal mode.. find drivers that work, then install them..

a second monitor probably wouldn't work simply because they would be using the same driver.. lol

Yha, boot to safe mode, even a second screen won't help if its a driver issue, then roll back the driver as Osiris said.

If safe mode still buggers up, its not drivers.

Hmm, well I wasnt able to get a second monitor for lack of anyone to borrow from, since I'm at my university apartment fixing enrollment, and everyone I know uses a laptop and not a desktop, so I just brought it to the HP service center. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom