defragging

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
ive heard that what u do before the defragging process is actually more important than the actual process like deleting temp int. files and stuff. is this true and if so what other things should one do to prepare for a defrag? i find it hard to believe that it could b more important than the actual defrag process but maybe im wrong.

hi neversleeps
id say do a getting rid of anything you dont want on your system like programs you dont use anymore. Then running the disk clean up and then doing deferag . defrag should be your last clean up process.

ya thats what i was getting at my saying gettin rid of temp internet files etc. maybe when i asked i was expecting something more elaborate then just getting rid of crap u dont need nemore as they made it sound really important that u do this before defragging i just dont remember what it was or maybe they just said preparation is more important only, in any case is that really all is just getting rid of unneeded stuff, i bet theres more i just cant think of what it would be.

I don't beleive its MORE important but I do beleive that its just as important as the actual process. If you delete temp files/uninstall unneeded apps after you defrag, you could end up with fragments of free space all over your drive again.

Here's what i do, i delete cookies, temp internet files, then disk space then defrag and reboot after its done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom