Video Card Dead - Purchase Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller

Baseband Member
Well today my ti4600 died on me. I loved that thing.. I need to know which video card I should buy though.. Ive been looking at the 5700 and the 5800 and i dont know what I should do. I just want something that will match the frame rates of the ti4600 and do well. I know alot of the FX cards are still slower. If anyone has any opinions it would be helpful.

-Miller

Hey miller, what happened to your card? I've got a ti4600, and I don't want that to happen to me : ( I've had it about 16 months now.

The 5800 would be a good buy. Unless you are looking forward to Half Life 2, then you should look at a 9600 XT.

Isn't the 5800 the loud pig that got its arse whipped by the 9700 Pro?? The 5700 isn't that hot either so maybe look for a 5900 Ultra or non Ultra card?

What about the 5700 ultra. I found one on ebay for a good price. What are they performance wise compared to my old ti4600???

I have an Nvidia but it seems all the people on this board are pretty much ATI loyalists, and based on what I have learned I would tell you to pick up a 9600 or 9700 128mb, if you don't wanna just grab a 9800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom