Software for cheking HD status

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Guys, is there a free software that can be dowloaded which can check the status of my hard disk whether it has bad sectors, and other info? Im experiencing a bit slow down in playing. Ive run my scanners for possible infection and found zero results. Now I want to know if my hard disk is the reason.

Please provide me the links and some instructions. THank you

HDD Health
Second Download Link

Instructions hrmm, Its pretty simple, just Install and Well, On the extended Tab Info all the Way at the Bottom
If any of the following Entries have a Value Greater then 0 then your Harddrive is probably on its way out.

Reallocated Sector Count
Reallocation Event Count
Current Pending Sector Count (Unstable Sectors)
Uncorrectable Sector Count
Write Error Rate

The Smart Tab is also kinda confusing, The Value, is the Current Value, The worst Is the The Last Value since the program updated, and the Threshhold is the Number in which it shouldn't go above. I think, Like I said, Its confusing.

Ok I've downloaded the program and it seems my HD is fine. But still having problem.

Like what Ive stated above, Im experiencing a bit slow down in my PC. Not actually slow but it somehow choppy like. For example, I am playing NFS Underground 2 and the graphics and sound gets chappy sometime. I dont know if its the game's patch issue but seeing my friends NFS running smooth, something is really odd.

Another, when my computer is on the desktop after I switched it on, the opening sound gets choppy on some parts. This also happened even I just formatted my PC. I have done every scanning I should for possible infections and luckily, Im safe.

Now I want to figure out what causes this. Im using a Windows 98 operating system and I dont know if my OS is the reason somehow or my Hard disk or others.

Ive installed Win XP once and the opening theme didnt get choppy.

If you need other information, kindly tell me please and I want this thing fixed..Thank you

Try Updating Video Drivers, Sound Card Drivers Game Patch.

Degfragment Harddrive, Run Disk Clean up, Knock out unneeded Processes using MSconfig and google.

Did this just start to happen or has it always been like this? Have you added any new Software or Hardware Recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom