HD question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
hey whats up. I have a 120GB harddrive and a 40GB HD. Both western digital. Im gonna take out the 40 and use it on my xbox since im about to mod my xbox. When i take the 40 out and leave the 120 in, a screen comes up \\\\\\\\//// or somthing like that. It just does not go anywhere. I tried putting the jumper on the 120 on CS. I also tried putting it on master. It still came up with the same screen. I have a few duel boots. Longhorn which i deleted but the option is still there, my old windows XP and the one im using now. I know how to take all those options off but i dunno how to take them off my HD. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

A few things. What os was on the 120? Also, is it SATA? Check on the HDD to see if a selection for SD is there (single drive). If there is, you have to use that if there is only one drive.

there is no selection for a single drive. The only options i have on it is CS, master, slave,a blank slow and Pw2. Thats it. i have windows XP on the 40.

uhh your problem doesnt sund too good but i would just do a clean sweep of everyhting!!!!! reformat, fdisk the whole nine yards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom