Dual GTX260 to be Officially Named GTX295

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
NVIDIA would be giving its flagship consumer graphics processor, the G200 a refresh using the newer 55nm silicon fabrication process. With this, the company plans to carve out new SKUs taking the benefit of enhanced thermal and electrical properties of the updated core. In the pipeline, is a dual-GPU card based on two GeForce GTX 260 GPUs.

Expreview learned that the new graphics card is to be named GeForce GTX 295. NVIDIA is creating the card to regain the performance crown from ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2, the fastest single graphics card in the market. The card will sport two G200b cores in the 216 SP configuration, although not much is known about the memory configuration and clock speeds, at this point in time. The card has already passed design phase and is awaiting trial production and testing. It is expected to be released in January 2009.

techPowerUp! News :: Dual GeForce GTX 260 to be Officially Named GeForce GTX 295

So, the GTX 260 X2 will be called GTX 295, it will be based on 55nm fabrication process and it has 216 SP

I think its fine, 216 shaders seems to be the sweet spot between heat, power and performance.

Indeed. I hope to get a Gigabyte 260GTX Core 216 OC'd Edition if i ever get a pc.... (Gigabyte because its decent and $100 cheaper than the EVGA eqiv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom