The best client support help desk?

louisavenant

Beta member
Hi All,

I am currently looking for a new Client Ticketing system, any recommendations are welcome.

Main features i am looking for:

- Clients should be able to log tickets via email
- We must be able to reply using the generated ticket ID in the subject of a email
- The ticketing system must be fairly customizable
- A good report feature (open vs closed tickets, time spent to resolve etc.)
- It should be open source (Or not to expensive)

I know a lot of options are available that suit my needs but I am specifically looking to hear from support engineers and what they currently use / hope to be using in the future and the reason for that.

Thank you,

Louis

My company designs apps that perform this way. Are you wanting something you pay for one time, or monthly? I could help you with that and give you more info, but I'm new on this forum website and I don't want to get flagged for soliciting my business. Feel free to contact me privately if you wish?

The company I work for uses ZenDesk, it's easy to customize with different response templates etc. I'm not an admin so I'm not sure, but there is a column to report the time spent on a ticket, so you can probably create reports about time spent on tickets, time spent by someone etc. As far as I know it's not open source and you're billed monthly. The price varies according to the plan you use.

We use ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. It's affordable, and does everything you are looking for.

My only issue with it is the reporting and searching feature. You can't do any tiered searching, there is just one search field to search tickets / problems / CR's / ect. It searches, but it's annoying because its difficult to narrow down search results.

Reporting feature is okay, you can customize reports but the interface kinda stinks. IE if you go back, it resets all fields instead of actually taking you back one page.

I've also used ITSM, but that's a pretty expensive program.

We use Remedy but it's expensive. I set up Helpstar in the past, it was cheap, easy, and effective.

Back
Top Bottom