Stardock and AMD Partner to offer a free MyColors Theme, AMD-Branded Impulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Stardock has partnered with AMD to offer a free MyColors theme inspired by AMD's gaming website, GAME.AMD.COM.

Powered by MyColors technology from Stardock, the desktop theme features a new visual style created by Mike Bryant for Stardock Design and wallpaper featuring AMD's digital superstar, Ruby.

With one quick easy download, users get everything needed to transform the look of their PC desktop. The AMD Game MyColors is intended to inspire a whole new group of PC enthusiasts and will be available for download from the web and also included on AMD's Ruby ROM content disk.

Additionally, AMD will be distributing a specially branded version of Stardock's electronic software distribution platform, Impulse, with the AMD logo. Impulse provides consumers with access to hundreds of games and PC utilities.

Phil Madis, Stardock's Director of Business Development recently said “By working with key technology partners such as AMD, Stardock hopes to ensure PC gamers a great experience now and into the future.”

Download the free AMD Game MyColors theme now!

MyColors™ is a new technology that allows users to completely transform the look and feel of Microsoft Windows® with special MyColors™ themes.

Change Windows® to reflect your favorite college, sports team, auto, artistic style and more. Switching between themes is simple, going back to Windows can be done with a single click.

.........................O-M-G!!!!!!!!

AMD I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

this is so hot! Who cant say no to this??? Unless ur not a AMD Enthusiastic like me lol. Man I need to find a AMD mouse pad!!!!

But my computer is broken and MSI is gay for sending me a differ mobo, plus a badly motivated customer service

anyways, this is good.........this is very good on AMD's image.

EDIT:

LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!!!! I CRY FOR AMD!!!!!!!!111

pretty sweet.
it screwed up my sidebar though somehow.
sidebar would keep disappearing when i clicked the desktop - had to set it to be on top of all windows, then take the feature off.

MyColors doesn't work under XP x64 edition

so I installed it in my VMware XP 32 OS, took screenshots, and started to try and build/modify themes using it (not highly successfull so far)

Resource Hacker works for modifying existing .msstyles files with custom bitmaps. But I haven't got transparency to work 100% (it's supposed to use 255, 0, 255 as transparent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom