Home Protection

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
The other day when I posted hear on the forums. Man I was well wigged out. Totally snapped my cap with the trouble out side. At the time my nabour came and just went mental. I was freaking like mad.

Got me thinking about Home Protection hear in the .U.K I would think the law in some areas would differ massively to the likes of the U.S but I'm curious what I can do the help my self. No way I'm going threw that S*** again if it can be helped.

At the minute I've got a re-enforced hardened Hockey Stick and if any one comes threw that door its getting swung about like crazy. Has anyone any ideas apart from the obvious like CCTV. Guns aren't exactly redly available like the U.S .

Baseball bat. From what I've heard, gun laws are pretty strict over there and getting things like a shotgun is quite difficult.

I only have a 9mm...so not much, but still something.

The other day when I posted hear on the forums. Man I was well wigged out. Totally snapped my cap with the trouble out side. At the time my nabour came and just went mental. I was freaking like mad.

Got me thinking about Home Protection hear in the .U.K I would think the law in some areas would differ massively to the likes of the U.S but I'm curious what I can do the help my self. No way I'm going threw that S*** again if it can be helped.

At the minute I've got a re-enforced hardened Hockey Stick and if any one comes threw that door its getting swung about like crazy. Has anyone any ideas apart from the obvious like CCTV. Guns aren't exactly redly available like the U.S .

It's actually pretty easy to get a shotgun. Just go to your local police forces website, download the shotgun application form. Disclose your details, print off three passport photos and get them signed by respectable people but not family. E.g. A good friend with a decent job, a neighbour that knows you etc. The police will approve it (unless you have a criminal record of violent crime). Oh, you need a shotgun safe in your house. And you need to do a good job of securing it, as they will try pretty hard to get it out your house. When the police guy came to my house he was a big guy, 300lb or so, and was using all his weight and strength to try and leverage it off the wall.

It's actually pretty easy to get a shotgun. Just go to your local police forces website, download the shotgun application form. Disclose your details, print off three passport photos and get them signed by respectable people but not family. E.g. A good friend with a decent job, a neighbour that knows you etc. The police will approve it (unless you have a criminal record of violent crime). Oh, you need a shotgun safe in your house. And you need to do a good job of securing it, as they will try pretty hard to get it out your house. When the police guy came to my house he was a big guy, 300lb or so, and was using all his weight and strength to try and leverage it off the wall.[/QUOTE]What the ****? Man over here I can go down to the local Walmart and pick up a 12g no problem and leave it anywhere I like hahaha. No really, my Mossberg has been sitting at the door to my bathroom for the duration I've spent in my house.

It's actually pretty easy to get a shotgun. Just go to your local police forces website, download the shotgun application form. Disclose your details, print off three passport photos and get them signed by respectable people but not family. E.g. A good friend with a decent job, a neighbour that knows you etc. The police will approve it (unless you have a criminal record of violent crime). Oh, you need a shotgun safe in your house. And you need to do a good job of securing it, as they will try pretty hard to get it out your house. When the police guy came to my house he was a big guy, 300lb or so, and was using all his weight and strength to try and leverage it off the wall.[/QUOTE]What the ****? Man over here I can go down to the local Walmart and pick up a 12g no problem and leave it anywhere I like hahaha. No really, my Mossberg has been sitting at the door to my bathroom for the duration I've spent in my house.

As much as I would personally like to be able to buy a shotgun that easily, in reality I wouldn't want it to be that easy. The idea of all our stupid ****ing chavs being able to get a gun that easily would make me afraid to leave the house lol.

Though, even if I was a 'murican, i'd have my shotgun in a secure location.

As much as I would personally like to be able to buy a shotgun that easily, in reality I wouldn't want it to be that easy. The idea of all our stupid ****ing chavs being able to get a gun that easily would make me afraid to leave the house lol.

Though, even if I was a 'murican, i'd have my shotgun in a secure location.
It is secure, about 2ft from the foot of my bed.

So if I break into your house while you're out, I can't get to it ?

It makes it so the proper owner CAN get to it quickly. However...

PP Mguire said:
No really, my Mossberg has been sitting at the door to my bathroom for the duration I've spent in my house.

This is the problem we have in America. The lack of gun safety is what allows guns to get into the wrong hands, such as those of kids who then either shoot themselves, their friends, or their parents because the kid didn't know any better.

PP, I'm not saying you leave it out around kids, but it's a headline I've seen all too often. Just taking this opportunity to use it as an example.

So if I break into your house while you're out, I can't get to it ?
If somebody breaks into my house the last thing they'll want to swipe is a shotgun that at new is only about 250-300 bucks. Also while I'm out they have the angry black man to deal with lol.

It makes it so the proper owner CAN get to it quickly. However...

This is the problem we have in America. The lack of gun safety is what allows guns to get into the wrong hands, such as those of kids who then either shoot themselves, their friends, or their parents because the kid didn't know any better.

PP, I'm not saying you leave it out around kids, but it's a headline I've seen all too often. Just taking this opportunity to use it as an example.
You have to pass a background check and be of age before purchasing a weapon. The lack of proper teaching and gun responsibility is what causes ignorant kids to harm each other or others for that matter. Yes, it's right there where the kids can see it and they pass by it every time they use the bathroom. It's not loaded and the safety is on. Thing is, from day 1 they've known not to touch it and they never have because I took the time to teach them about it. They show no interest in it at all. Actually even if they did, the spring I have in it to cock the thing is probably too hard for them to pull back for years. My gf even has problems with it and I did this on purpose just due to gun safety.

With the proliferation of small cheap biometric equipment in smartphones you would think within the next 5 to 10 years they could at least make it a legal requirement for firearms sold to the public to require the owner and registered users to authenticate before being able to fire. It'd add like $5 to the cost of a firearm to put a fingerprint reader somewhere convenient. At least it would stop kids accidentally firing guns, or guns being stolen and used as a weapon in crimes.

They should also do a 'driving test' type thing for guns. You can't buy or use one 'til you've passed a safety and awareness course.

Back
Top Bottom