Whats wrong with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinhood3717

Beta member
Ok, I have a five year old computer. It runs on XP Professional. About 2 weeks ago, my Symantic Antivirus program that came with the computer expired, so I downloaded the free version of Avira Antivirus. Then I got the Antivirus XP things, so I (after many tutorials) manually deleted them. Now I still have these problems - they all started yesterday. (The only thing I did yesterday was install The Sims 2 Double Deluxe)

-The computer restarts itself periodically (it has been doing this for a while but lately it has been really often)

-The internet hardly works. Some pages load but some don't. It never says "can't display webpage", it just loads forever without doing anything. (I'm on another computer right now, and I installed AVG Antivirus onto my flash drive - I'll see if that helps)

-These messages are displayed when I log onto any account on my computer:

"Explorer.EXE - Unable to locate component.
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

"RUNDLL
Error loading C:\Windows\System32\uixhdodg.dll
Access is denied"

"lphcct9j0encj.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

-And Avira Antivirus says that viruses are found in these locations(every time I log in)

C:\WINDOWS\System32\winivstr.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\*My Name*\Local Settings\Temporary
Internet Files\Content.IES\P3QQI2MG\Install[1].exe

C:\Documents and Settings\*My Name*\Local Settings\Temp\.tt4
A.tmp.vbs

Any help would be appreciated!:)

Post a hijack this log..here:

HijackThis Logs (analyze) - Computer Forums

If you don't know what hijack this is it's a free application which you download, open and you can kill processes and apps which are running which you don't need. The syware guys will help you out with it.

I would post a link but my internet isn't working properly so a quick google will help :)

probably a good time to reformat.

regardless, make sure you uninstall norton so you aren't running two av's at the same time, and get a good spyware scanner too if you haven't already

I've just installed Vista to get rid of the troubles I was having with spyware etc and it seems to fine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom