Unwanted windows

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. I have unwanted ad related windows that show up when I do certain surfing.
If I am using firefox..is there a certain way of first looking for and or maybe detecting these windows manually..and blocking there appearance?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC

Sounds to me that you have some sort of virus. Has this only began to happen recently? Because if it has you can return to an old windows backup in the control panel and this should get rid of it hopefully. I'm sure someone on these forums has a better answer for you but thats all i can think of!

Run MalwareBytes Antimalware firstly to see if it picks up any infections.

Next, make sure your pop-up blocker is on for FireFox.

I always start off with Malwarebytes deep scan and remove all detections. Run a boot-time scan with your antivirus software. Of course, always apply the latest virus definition updates before scans.

Go through control panel>programs and features to uninstall any crap-ware on your system.

A trend on these sites is to imbed ads to links, its a way to get around an add blocker app; the former advice of using and updating an ad blocker is recommended, they are not the end all though.

it looks like you have installed some adware that may show related ads when you visiting shopping websites. Better to run a full scan with a decent anti-virus

Back
Top Bottom