Unable to Download

Farva19

Baseband Member
I am working on a PC that has Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center. This was originally Windows 8.1 Standard. Upgraded through Windows.

Once this was installed and Windows updates had been applied, I tried to download a gotomeeting.com remote support tool so I could get a third party vender in to install and license their software. The download would start but would hang in a certain spot. So happens in Internet Explorer 11, it hung at 18%.

So I installed Firefox. Started the gotomeeting download and it hung as well, except it hung at 35%. I left both IE and FF for 20 minutes just to make sure it was Internet issue. Also the only other thing I found I could not download was from Logmein Rescue (logmein123.com). Joinme.com works. Not sure if there is any different.

I tried downloading the remote software on other computers in the office, and all worked. I have researched this issue and have tried a bunch of things. Anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

I have tried:
1.Windows updates
2.Reset IE to default including personal data
3.Verified UAC turned off
4.Set IE security settings as low as possible5.
5.Tried downloading other programs ( example: Ccleaner, Malwarebytes )
6.Ran virus scans (Malwarebytes, ADW Cleaner, TDSS Killer, Rogue Killer, etc)
7.Checkdisk
8.System file Checker
9.Tweaking Tool from Tweaking.com

System Specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Intel Pentium j2900 2.41GHZ
64x OS
1TB HDD SATA
Internet Explorer 11

I am working on a PC that has Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center. This was originally Windows 8.1 Standard. Upgraded through Windows.

Once this was installed and Windows updates had been applied, I tried to download a gotomeeting.com remote support tool so I could get a third party vender in to install and license their software. The download would start but would hang in a certain spot. So happens in Internet Explorer 11, it hung at 18%.

So I installed Firefox. Started the gotomeeting download and it hung as well, except it hung at 35%. I left both IE and FF for 20 minutes just to make sure it was Internet issue. Also the only other thing I found I could not download was from Logmein Rescue (logmein123.com). Joinme.com works. Not sure if there is any different.

I tried downloading the remote software on other computers in the office, and all worked. I have researched this issue and have tried a bunch of things. Anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

I have tried:
1.Windows updates
2.Reset IE to default including personal data
3.Verified UAC turned off
4.Set IE security settings as low as possible5.
5.Tried downloading other programs ( example: Ccleaner, Malwarebytes )
6.Ran virus scans (Malwarebytes, ADW Cleaner, TDSS Killer, Rogue Killer, etc)
7.Checkdisk
8.System file Checker
9.Tweaking Tool from Tweaking.com

System Specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Intel Pentium j2900 2.41GHZ
64x OS
1TB HDD SATA
Internet Explorer 11

disable AV and try again, also run %temp% and delete temp files

Last edited:
OK, disabled the AV,(Windows Defender) tried the download again and still getting stuck.

I think we got it resolved. Someone came behind me from the software vendor and turned the firewall for the domain back on. Thanks for your help mark this as resolved for now.

:)

Back
Top Bottom