Setting the Proxy

TechQA

Solid State Member
Hello all,

Sometimes I work from home, but I need to access some resources via the university LAN. To do so I need to set the LAN proxy, but I read somewhere that once I do so, all my Internet traffic will go through the university LAN. Now I have some personal concern regarding this; I don't wish for my traffic to be monitored/registered by the university server. Do I have to worry about this?

Also, if I set the proxy on one browser, will the traffic from another browser go through the LAN as well?

Thanks

Depends on the browser. Chrome & IE use the Windows proxy settings, and FireFox you can set to use it's own proxy settings, IIRC.

Depends on the browser. Chrome & IE use the Windows proxy settings, and FireFox you can set to use it's own proxy settings, IIRC.

I set the proxy setting on Chrome. So, if I set the proxy setting on FireFox, I can use other browsers securely without of my traffic going through the LAN?

Yes because FireFox has it's own proxy settings if you set them within FF, but Chrome & IE use the System settings all the time.

Back
Top Bottom