Boosting wi-fi?

boostur

Beta member
Hello all! Would like a couple of suggestions for boosting my wi-fi signal. Needs to be boosted 200-300ft or so for personal usage.

At the moment I have an old netgear router and an wi fi booster, and although i'm getting a signal, it's not the best and is slightly slow.

Would upgrading the router be the best solution? What about an antennae? Please help - i'm very new to all of this! :lol:

Upgrading the router would definitely help. Does the router have antennas? If it has two, then align them at right angle (90°). If your router has no antennas then you probably can't just attach some to it.
It would also help to stand in the direct range of the router than 10m away (and then possibly with walls in between).

200-300ft extra range is completely unfeasible for your average consumer router. You can probably add an extra 10-20 feet or so with more powerful antennae and placing the router in a better location, but you're not going to get 200-300ft.

A better solution for you would be to install WiFi repeaters in strategic locations.

Back
Top Bottom