Good morning

NickS

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I am a 23 year old with a two year degree that fell into the deepest IT pit I could have imagined. I am way over my head and am lost on where to go for help. One of my friends has a masters degree in networking but no real world experience so he isn't very helpful. A little backstory for you: Went to a two year technical college and got my associates in IT Networking and some certifications including CCNA, a+, sec+, net+. From there I did a few jobs of computer repair and software support. Now since December I am the only IT person for a company of over 100 employees (75 PC's) and they are all windows XP. Since Starting I have gotten the approval to purchase 75 new PC's, and have done so. They all have windows 7 professional. At this time I cannot find any volume license keys from the last IT guy so I am assuming that they used outlook illegally, so I have installed openoffice on the new workstations as well as thunderbird. I'm not sure if openoffice terms say not ok for corporate use, I will be looking into that. I have also gotten the ok and have purchased 5 servers. The main server has two VM's on it, and it itself is running server 2012 as the domain server for the corporate network (6 locations total). We have purchased a software package called landesk which the landesk tech's have been trying to get installed for two months. In the end I just feel that I need someone or somewhere that I can ask for help or advice so that I set up this network properly, seeing as I am pretty much starting from scratch anyways.

Please let me know if I am in the wrong place or if I can get a few contacts that would be amazing.

Thank you,
Nick

Back
Top Bottom