Games For Kids

Puckett

Daemon Poster
A lot of us are parents, and yet I didn't see a thread for recommendations and discussions for the kids we buy games for.

This has really been on my mind lately as I've been trying to think of titles that will allow my little girl and I to hang out virtually when we can't hang out in the same room.

Since she and I both have a 360 and she does not have a PS3, I'm looking for console games appropriate for a kid that have good co-op or gentle competitive multiplayer (i.e. Borderlands and Left 4 Dead, as much as I love them, are out for co-op, and I'm not doing private matches in an FPS).

So far, the list I have is:

Minecraft
Portal 2
Forza 3 or 4 if she decides she likes a racing game (I know it isn't co-op, but it's fun multiplayer)
Lego games (most likely Lego LOTR since we both love LOTR)

Any other suggestions?

I liked Sonic Racing All Stars Transformed for racing. It has Wreck it Ralph in it which at least ties it to something she knows. The challenge can be a bit much even for me though.

Minecraft is something I recently introduced to my lil one and she F'n loves it. If your lil girl has seen or likes Scott Pilgrim: The Movie, the side scrolling beat em up might be a suggestion since it is due to get a MP DLC release soon (was supposed to be out for the last year) But you would need to buy the MP though =/

How about Castle Crashers? Nice little arcade game. Does have a bit of a T feeling but only saying that cause there is a lot of rocket poop jokes in it =p

That's all I got.

Agree with Minecraft. Always good.
Scott Pilgrim: The Movie:The Game (If she is into the movie only though so she can relate but requires $$ for DLC and needs to release =/ )
Castle Crashers

Any of those old collection games like the old sega collection with echo and sonic and that stuff its not co-op but a lot is kid friendly

Unlike the girlfiend gaming thread I am not going to recommend The Walking Dead. Man, was that a depressing game. What I am going to do with my daughter is try to get her interested in some of the old school games I used to play like Mario, Zelda, Tetris etc. Those are fairly safe. The Sonic Genesis Collection is a great game. It has about 50 classic Genesis games including every Sonic ever made for that system.

my daughters been playing gamecube, luigis mansion, spyro, and mario sunshine and another mario game, she loves them, i just watch her play help when needed, i know they are not online but hey

zen pinball- my daughters cant get enough right now

Great start :)

For my part right now, I need recommendations for games that have an online co-op or multiplayer private match component. I can't always get out to see my little girl and we've had a string of bad weather lately that made it impractical for her mom to drop her off since she might be snowed in here, so we're going to start hanging out virtually in addition to the times when I get to see her face to face.

That's why the online part is essential - it needs to be something she and I can do together, whether it's racing in Forza or solving puzzles in Portal or building stuff in Minecraft. She also has a copy of Skate 3, so I suspect we'll be doing some of that as well ;)

Any other suggestions for games on the Xbox 360 with co-op / private multiplayer matches that are okay for an 11-year-old girl?

----------------------

For my part to contribute to the general discussion, the Little Big Planet games on the PS3 are great, especially if your kids want to get into the level building part of it. My little girl LOVED Mini Ninjas, although the boss fights confused her a bit. She also loves Skate 3 - probably even more than the Tony Hawk games she used to play before those games added the skateboard peripheral.

Great start :)

For my part right now, I need recommendations for games that have an online co-op or multiplayer private match component. I can't always get out to see my little girl and we've had a string of bad weather lately that made it impractical for her mom to drop her off since she might be snowed in here, so we're going to start hanging out virtually in addition to the times when I get to see her face to face.

That's why the online part is essential - it needs to be something she and I can do together, whether it's racing in Forza or solving puzzles in Portal or building stuff in Minecraft. She also has a copy of Skate 3, so I suspect we'll be doing some of that as well ;)

Any other suggestions for games on the Xbox 360 with co-op / private multiplayer matches that are okay for an 11-year-old girl?

----------------------

For my part to contribute to the general discussion, the Little Big Planet games on the PS3 are great, especially if your kids want to get into the level building part of it. My little girl LOVED Mini Ninjas, although the boss fights confused her a bit. She also loves Skate 3 - probably even more than the Tony Hawk games she used to play before those games added the skateboard peripheral.

Dungeon defenders is fun and cartoony if you play on the easy levels that would be a good one for kids I think and learning strategy would be good for them also. As long as you had a tuff toon you wouldnt have much to worry about them also but with that you could set up your defenses together

Back
Top Bottom