360 vs. PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently own a XBox 360. So far, I have only seen 2 exclusive PS3 games that I am interested in play on the PS3.

I currently have a 360, much prefer it to the PS3 for many reasons, most already mentioned. Still much prefer my PC.

I currently own a XBox 360. So far, I have only seen 2 exclusive PS3 games that I am interested in play on the PS3.

Which are ?

I currently have a 360, much prefer it to the PS3 for many reasons, most already mentioned. Still much prefer my PC.

There is one big 'feature' of the PS3 i love. Because more kids have the 360, as it's more a 'family' console than the PS3, and the fact the PS3 does not come with a headset, there are lot less immature screaming kids annoying everyone. I also find people on the playstation more mature. I go around my friends and play BF1943 on his Xbox 360. Great, no lag etc. But what i notice is more kids that find it fun to blow up planes so noone can get on them, steal your tank while your fixing it, ride right past you in a jeep instead of offering a lift. And then i go home an play it on the PS3.While this does happen it is to a much much lesser extent than on the 360.

I may still pick up a 360 soon, more of my friends have them to play on Xbox Live, and there are a few exclusives that look nice.

^Two things. On 360 you can mute anyone you wish in any game; can't do that on PS3. Also, the percentage of annoying kids is the same on both, if not only slightly higher for the 360 since it is cheaper to buy. On PS3 if you run into an annoying kid, you have to hope that game supports muting, otherwise you're out of luck. A great feature that I love about the 360 more than anything is the universal support for cross game chat, invites, parties, muting anyone on an instantly updated "recent players" list, profiles and such open so quickly and this is available on every game thanks to Xbox Live :)

Although I don't go online that much on my ps3 because I'm playing pc all the time, I have only run into one or two annoying kids since I've had my ps3. I've had it since November 07. Almost every time I go down in the basement and watch my younger brothers play xbox, I hear an annoying kid or three that my brother ends up having to mute all the time. My other brother even is one of those annoying kids. Luckily for the people in the games he plays, he doesn't talk much. I guess his voice isn't that annoying anymore. It's in the changing phase I guess. He'll be orite in a year. And yeah, don't take this in a racist way or anything, but instead of little kids we got black people on ps3. Yall know ps3 is ghetto! They don't seem to be playing the shooters that much (you all know the stereotype lol), but they seem to like Soul Calibur 4. Now, whereas little kids are annoying to be heard, black people are entertaining. I'm not being racist or anything, but I often get a kick out of the things they say. You all know they are good comedians :).

MrChiCity! I love you man! I'm going to buy one of your t-shirts! (NSFW or whatever)

And yeah, someone said that not all ps3's play ps1 games. They all do. It is emulated. Some of them don't play ps2 games though. I don't think any of the new ones do actually, which is unfortunate.

For big exclusives, you got this.

360:
Halo 3
Gears 2 (This game is so boring imho. It has pretty nice graphics though.)
Fable 2

PS3:
Metal Gear Solid 4 (My favorite game of all time! I liked it even more than the PC games I'm addicted to.)
Killzone 2 (Best console shooter ever imo. It is reigning king of all console graphics, and it plays great. I love cod on pc, but I just can't play it and enjoy it on console. I can enjoy this though)
Infamouse (some people would say this isn't a big enough exclusive, but I thought it was really fun)

And yeah, I'm not including future exclusives.

If you want an entertainment package, go with ps3. If you want gaming, go with the 360 just for the reason that its online is supposed to be a little better and it has a bigger community. If an entertainment package is your priority though, go with the ps3. It has free online gaming, blu-ray, and a web-browser. You can watch your blurays and you can stream video through the browser. I like to transfer movies in file form from my pc to my ps3 via a usb stick and then it is no hassle. It is on there and you never have to put a disc in.

That's just my take on it. Still, PC FOREVER!

Annoying kids? I've played Xbox LIVE for almost 3 years and I don't play with all that many annoying kids in games like COD4, Gears of war (which BTW the 360 has and the PS3 does not) Gears of war 2, Halo 3 etc. I'm sure there would be many more annoying kids in little kids games like Banjo Kazooie, Viva Pinata, Little Big Planet etc.

But the 360 has netflix, which IMO beats Blu-ray or a web browser (Which also means your console can get a virus). Just ask yourself what would you rather have: Thousands of movies to watch instantly in HD or SD, or the ability to play Blu-ray if you have the movie with you by either renting it or buying it.

You can stream video for free though on a web browser. And it isn't only for video. You hook up a keyboard and mouse and it is perfect for any kind of internet browsing. And like someone said, if you really wanted netflix on your ps3, you should get it.

And yeah, virus, lol. Who would ever make a virus for a ps3? What can be gained from it? People don't store important personal data or anything on a ps3. There are even less ps3s browsing the web than macs. Aren't there like 95% more viruses for PC's than MACs or something outrageous like that? The reason is because if the programmers write the virus to infect windows, they can spread to way more people way more easily.

Anyway dude, if you are going to be using this most heavily for online gaming, you might want to consider the 360. If you aren't, you might want to consider the ps3.

I rather have full body motion detection then holding a wand hands down. I got my 360 and computer next to each other and thats more of a entertainment, blue ray players are getting cheaper as time go's by. Im just waiting to see what ps3 can actually catch my attention, everyone has there own preference.

I don't know if this guy is concerned with those motion detection things or not. In my personal opinion, wii motion, playstation wand, and Natal are all really stupid and for 8 year old kids. I guess they could be useful if you had a chick over or something, but I don't see any other purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom