your kiddin me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Static_11 said:
ram just fried... >_<
Put it in for RMA and play dumb.

It the trick I do when I know I voided a warranty. And it some times works.

Mind you, send it back directly to the manufacturer, not the shop purchased it from.

WOW you are so lucky man.

i almost pray every night to god that my ram would fry sometime automatically so i can buy 2GB ballistix, darn the heat spreader is so cool!

congratulations man:p

uzi9mm said:
i love buying new parts!!!

I am very anxious and impatient before the part comes, when it comes i jump for joy, and I usually calm myself down by huffing that "new part" smell out of the box.
9 years of building computer, I have never noticed computer to have had new part smell.

I had PC USER IS A CHANGE SMOKER PC SMELL and OLD GEEZER PC SMELL, but never new part smell.

But if you want, come over to my place some time, and I will had you some flesh motherboard anti static bags that you can start rubbing your face in. :p

Re: Re: your kiddin me....

Harper said:
Put it in for RMA and play dumb.

It the trick I do when I know I voided a warranty. And it some times works.

I wish i could do that but mine's a just over a year old,For some reason my 1 stick of pc2700 decided to drop to pc2100,So now my system is even slower :sigh:

Most RAM has a lifetime warranty FYI

Either way I thought I fried my RAM about a week ago as it did not want to POST over 200MHz, here I am a week later, although I lost my original settings it is back at 300MHz doing 1:1...RAM is just weird like that

gaara said:
Most RAM has a lifetime warranty FYI
Major Brands, 90% of the time, yes. About 50% OEM brands comes with lifetime. Most of the time 5/3 years. And occassionally there is the 1 year stuff.

However most of the time you are stuck dealing with the manufacture for that as I know a lot computer stores and distributers that don't want to deal with that if they have too.

I feel that it's a waste of money when new parts go bad just after the warranty ends...my god do these thing have timers on them or what? Oh and yea I'm one of those impatient person too, always tracking the UPS shipment. I would actually skip school and stay home to wait for the package LOL..only if it's important, like a brand new 19" LCD monitor.

I've RMA'd RAM, motherboard and a hard drive. The hard drive was the only part that didn't die as a result of my actions :D

RAM was replaced in about a week. Motherboard was replaced somewhere within 2 weeks and this was through newegg. RAM and HD were through manufacturer. I always play dumb. I just generally say "yeah, it was acting strange from the start, but I thought it maybe it was other parts. I've spent a while troubleshooting my system and I've come to the conclusion that it is the RAM. Can you please tell me the instructions I need to follow to complete the RMA process? Thank you"

simple as that. Odd thing about the motherboard was, I KNOW I was beyond 90 days and newegg still took my board :) It was around 107 days I believe. I think the board they gave me was a little earlier version of the NF7-S v2 board because the DIMM slots were black not colored like on the later ones. It worked, but I think it was an inferior board compared to the previous but decent nonetheless

I love new computer part smell. When Nubius sent me that DFI mobo through USPS i was disappointed cause i didnt get to stare at the screen to see if the dot on the map had moved or if the location was getting closer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom