XP x64 or Vista x64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
My build can be seen here: Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg plus a 7900GS overclocked and another 250gb hard drive

I won't be doing much gaming, if any at all. My main uses are photo editing, some graphic design (logos, typefaces, non-3d), web design, music listening and composition, web browsing, pr0n.

The idea of XP x64 being a little leaner appeals to me A LOT, but how is its stability....it's built on the server platform right?

Thoughts? Why XP or why Vista?

My thought is that i would go with an internal wireless card rather than a usb wireless. As for OS I would go with Vista.

I agree with hefemeister, Vista 64 is the most stable of the windows platform and is more compatible then XP 64 which is almost a beta release.

XP 64 has crap support as far as drivers go. If it were me, I would just stick with 32bit if you really wanted to stay with XP

I used Vista 64 and it worked pretty well. I had to change back because it doesn't support Dolby -> SPDIF well. I changed to Vista 32 and haven't had a single problem yet.

I would say Vista > XP as far as 64 bit goes.

Vista can be a bit more stable. There is going to be more driver support soon and into the future. Vista will have much more support from Microsoft. If you were running less ram xp would be a bit faster but with 4gb vista will run almost as fast.

crysalis: I can't run 32bit because I'm going to have 4gb ram MINIMUM.

ok, sounds like vista is the choice. but I'd still like to here from some other folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom