xp soundcard problem - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

abibby

Beta member
i was running a soundblaster live with windows 2000 and have recently upgraded to xp. Since installing xp the soundcard does not work. In device manger it tells me the drivers are installed and working correctly but when i go to media player and try to play a cd it doesnt like it. A friend told me it might not be compatible with xp. please has anyone got any suggestions?

andy

i have been to the creative website and downloaded the latest driver for xp several times. i have also tried deleting all the souncard drivers and letting xp do its stuff. however in the audio playback properties the playback device and everything else is all greyed out, even when the drivers are installed and they say they are working. its doing my head in so much i want to format and start again but the computer wont even let me do this! it keeps saying the drive is locked and being used by another program or something. ( this is in windows and using dos command prompt) Thank you for your kind help. it is appreciated.

By the way, also i cannot check that anything is muted or not because the audio control panel is not there. It should be in the bottom right hand corner with the time,right? Sorry to be a pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom